Steve Jenkins has more than 40 years of experience representing clients in the full range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, financing, and public and private equity investments.
Mr. Jenkins' practice is national in scope, and his clients include some of the largest and most sophisticated players in the commercial real estate industry. Since 1973, he has been actively involved in forming public and private real estate investment trusts (REITs), and structuring private equity investments, joint ventures and other ownership vehicles, as well as handling the acquisition or disposition of thousands of real estate assets valued at more than $30 billion. His experience includes all aspects of real estate ownership, leasing, financing and development - including municipal land use planning and economic development initiatives - of land, office, retail, hotel, industrial, multi-family, health care projects, and mixed-use projects.
Throughout his career, Mr. Jenkins has demonstrated a deep commitment to using technology to achieve greater efficiency in transactions and other legal matters. He is recognized as an authority in this area and frequently speaks on managing legal costs through the effective use of technology, as well as fixed fee and alternative fee arrangements. As an example, he developed a collaborative tool for use by law firms and clients and an online deal room that has been used by leading real estate companies throughout the United States to complete real estate transactions totaling more than $10 billion.
More about Steven R. Jenkins: Experience | Involvement | Recognition | News
- Represented a public company in a 2.3B portfolio acquisition of more than 140 senior assisted living properties located in 33 states.
- Represented a public company in real estate aspects of a portfolio acquisition of more than 40 retail projects in 11 states.
- Represented a public company in real estate aspects of portfolio acquisition of more 9,000,000 square feet of industrial space.
- Represented public companies in real estate aspects of portfolio acquisitions and/ or dispositions of office, retail, industrial, hospitality and healthcare projects in more than 40 states.
- Represented public companies in disposition of multi-family as well as hospitality asset management businesses.
- Represented a private company in the formation of a private equity joint venture with a major pension fund for the development of senior assisted living/memory care projects in Texas, Florida and Mid-Atlantic region.
- Represented a private company in the formation of a private equity joint venture with a major pension fund for the development of a 250-unit multi-family project in Florida.
- Represented a large international services firm in a corporate headquarters transaction involving a major Downtown Dallas office building.
More about Steven R. Jenkins: Biography | Involvement | Recognition | News
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Board of Directors, The Real Estate Council
Mr. Jenkins has been active in various community and professional service organizations, including the Dallas Citizens Council, the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce, The Real Estate Council, the Greater Dallas Planning Council and the Urban Land Institute. He has served on a number of ULI Advisory Panels, including the New Orleans Advisory Panel following Hurricane Katrina.
More about Steven R. Jenkins: Biography | Experience | Recognition | News
Mr. Jenkins is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading U.S. practitioner for Real Estate (2008-2015). He was also named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" for Real Estate Law (2008-2016), recognized by Legal 500 US as one of the leading lawyers in Real Estate (2009), recognized as a Best Business Lawyer for Commercial Real Estate in D Magazine (2008-2009), and named a Texas Super Lawyer in Real Estate (2003-2007).
More about Steven R. Jenkins: Biography | Experience | Involvement | News