Cassandra Quinn focuses her practice in the areas of environmental, water and administrative law. She assists clients such as water districts, investor-owned water utilities, and non-profit water supply corporations with various contracting, permitting, and compliance issues related to water supply, water quality, and water rights. She counsels on issues associated with organization and operation of water districts and water supply corporations, including compliance with Open Meetings Act requirements and election laws.
Ms. Quinn also advises industrial, commercial and energy clients on environmental permitting and compliance matters. She assists in representing clients in contested proceedings before the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), the State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH), and various groundwater conservation districts.
Before joining Jackson Walker, Ms. Quinn served as a Briefing Attorney to the Honorable Jan P. Patterson of the Texas Third Court of Appeals.
More about Cassandra Quinn: Experience | Involvement | Speeches / Publications | News
- Perform general counsel services for water utilities, including the organization and operation of water districts and water supply corporations, regulatory compliance, water resource and supply planning, and water utility service matters.
- Represent water utility clients in drafting and negotiating water utility service agreements, water purchase and sale contracts, water system acquisition and sales transactions, and water service area/CCN transfer agreements.
- Assist with contractual negotiations for the long-term purchase of raw water from various river authorities and districts, including the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority and Brazos River Authority.
- Assisted with the representation of an aggregates company in a contested case proceeding before the State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH) and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) involving an application for an air quality New Source Review (NSR) permit.
- Assisted with the representation of a water supply corporation in a contested case hearing before SOAH and TCEQ involving the appeal of water rates charged pursuant to a wholesale water supply contract.
- Represented a concrete masonry supply company in conducting a voluntary audit under the Texas Environmental, Health, and Safety Audit Privilege Act and resolving noncompliance issues.
- Assisted a large bulk material handling company with obtaining an air quality standard permit registration.
- Assisted a sand, gravel and aggregates production company with maintaining compliance with the John Graves Scenic Riverway program.
More about Cassandra Quinn: Biography | Involvement | Speeches / Publications | News
Ms. Quinn is a member of the State Bar of Texas (Environmental and Natural Resources Section), the Austin Bar Association (Administrative Law and Environmental Law Sections), and the Austin Young Lawyers Association.
Ms. Quinn serves on the Board of Directors for the Sustainable Food Center (SFC) of Austin.
More about Cassandra Quinn: Biography | Experience | Speeches / Publications | News
Speeches / Publications
Ms. Quinn is a frequent author on water, environmental, and regulatory matters. Recent publications include:
- Texas Water Law: Exemptions from Surface Water Rights Permitting, CLE International Texas Water Law 20th Annual Conference (2010)
- Drought Management, Water Conservation and Enforcement of Water Rights - Water Purchaser Perspective, State Bar of Texas, Changing Face of Water Rights Advanced Course (2010)
- Environmental Compliance and Water Supply Options for Texas Wineries, Law Seminars International, Winery and Wine Distribution Law (2009)
- Supplying Water and Wastewater to New Development, State Bar of Texas, 31st Annual Real Estate Law Course (2009)
- Certificates of Convenience and Necessity: The Basics and Recent Developments, State Bar of Texas, Changing Face of Water Rights Advanced Course (2009)
- Unique Water Rights Permitting Issues, The University of Texas School of Law, Texas Water Law Institute (2007)
Ms. Quinn is also the co-author of chapters on "Flood Management" and "Drinking Water Supply Issues: Water Utilities—CCNs and Rates" in Essentials of Texas Water Resources
, State Bar of Texas (2009 and 2012).
Links to Publications
More about Cassandra Quinn: Biography | Experience | Involvement | News