Elena Villaseñor Sullivan is an experienced trial attorney and appellate attorney who the San Antonio Business Journal selected as one of the top 40 business leaders in San Antonio under the age of 40 and described Ms. Villaseñor as tenacious in the courtroom and beyond. Ms. Villaseñor attributes her success in the courtroom and the negotiation table to her passion for advocating for her clients. She places emphasis on communication and results. Beyond the courtroom, Ms. Villaseñor also serves as an advisor to clients looking to strengthen their business. With her experience seeing good deals go bad, Ms. Villaseñor provides a distinct perspective to clients seeking to prevent legal disputes in the future.
Ms. Villaseñor represents companies and individuals in a wide range of civil lawsuits, involving breach of contract, business torts (such as fraud, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, misappropriation of trade secrets), environmental torts, intellectual property infringement, and international probate disputes. She primarily practices before state courts, federal courts, and governmental agencies in South Texas (San Antonio, Laredo, Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley) and New Mexico. She has been involved in civil litigation before the United States International Trade Commission located in Washington, D.C. She also has experience in adversary administrative proceedings involving licensing, permitting and enforcement actions.
Ms. Villaseñor grew up in San Antonio and graduated from Robert E. Lee High School. After law school, she returned to San Antonio to practice law. As a San Antonio native, Ms. Villaseñor is committed to the development and improvement of San Antonio, Bexar County, and the surrounding areas. Ms. Villaseñor serves on the board of directors for Junior Achievement South Texas, serves on the National Association of Women's Business Owner's foundation committee encouraging teen girls to pursue entrepreneurship and higher education, represents indigent clients pro bono, and serves on the Witte Museum's Development Committee.
More about Elena Villaseñor Sullivan: Experience | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
- Handle complex commercial litigation matters through trial.
- First chair experience, including through key evidentiary hearings.
- Develop dispute resolution and litigation strategies.
- Manage litigation teams.
- Prepare for, conduct, and defend depositions of witnesses and experts.
- Organize electronic discovery preservation, production, and reviews involving over 100,000 documents; utilize electronic discovery management systems; develop, review and production protocols to reduce litigation costs.
- Research nuanced areas of the law, prepare and defend complex motions; and present arguments in Court.
- Negotiate and prepare complicated settlement agreements, within and outside the context of mediation.
- Effectively utilize innovative trial presentation tools, including multi-media presentations involving timelines, electronic exhibits, discovery excerpts and video clips.
- Prepare and conduct jury research studies.
- Work with computer forensic exam experts to coordinate, conduct, and manage forensic examinations of the electronic systems of opposing parties who have failed in fulfilling their discovery obligations or have engaged in the destruction or spoliation of evidence.
- Collaborate with public relations and government relations firms to develop an overall resolution and/or litigation strategy for clients who find themselves in the public eye.
- Handle all aspects of the appellate and mandamus process.
More about Elena Villaseñor Sullivan: Biography | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Ms. Villaseñor is a member of the San Antonio Bar Association. In 2015, she began a three-year term as a member of the State Bar of Texas Rules of Evidence Committee. In 2011, Ms. Sullivan was accepted to the North Chamber of Commerce of San Antonio's Leadership Lab Class. She was also accepted to the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Class 2012.
Ms. Villaseñor grew up in San Antonio, where she graduated from Robert E. Lee High School. As a San Antonio native, Ms. Villaseñor is committed to the development and improvement of San Antonio, Bexar County, and the surrounding areas.
- Member of the San Antonio Bar Association (2005 - present)
- San Antonio Bar Association, International Law Section, Board of Directors (2014 - present)
- State Bar of Texas Rules of Evidence Committee (2015 - 2018)
- Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce & San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Leadership San Antonio (Class of 2013)
- North Chamber of Commerce of San Antonio's Leadership Lab (Class of 2012)
- Junior Achievement South Texas, Board of Directors, educating students about work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs (2010 - present)
- Junior Achievement South Texas, Classroom Volunteer at Robert E. Lee High School, Harlandale High School, and Capital One's Finance Park, teaching students about finances and the path to career success (2010 - present)
More about Elena Villaseñor Sullivan: Biography | Experience | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
- Selected as one of twenty San Antonio Latino Rising Stars by Latino Leaders Magazine (2014
- Awarded the North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce's ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award, which recognizes women leaders and organizations that encourage women to achieve their full potential (2014).
- Awarded "40 Under 40" by the San Antonio Business Journal, honoring young professionals in San Antonio who are making a difference in their respective professional fields and in the community (2012)
- Selected as a San Antonio "Best Lawyer" by the S.A. Scene (2013–2014)
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Thomson Reuters as featured in Texas Monthly (2010–2015)
- Named as a “Rising Star” by the S.A. Scene (2009–2010, 2013)
More about Elena Villaseñor Sullivan: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Speeches / Publications | News
Speeches / Publications
Ms. Sullivan has spoken on the following:
Links to Publications
More about Elena Villaseñor Sullivan: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Recognition | News