Ms. Wallace's practice focuses on the defense and trial of complex cases in federal and state courts.
Ms. Wallace represents a broad range of state, national, and international clients in the full spectrum of employment and discrimination related matters, including restrictive covenant claims, class and collective actions, EEOC, and other agency charges, lawsuits involving race, sex, age, religious, pregnancy and disability discrimination, unemployment compensation, workers' compensation and wrongful termination. Ms. Wallace has also drafted manuals and policies for companies, and trained employees. Ms. Wallace's labor counseling and representation involves the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and Railway Labor Act (RLA). Ms. Wallace's labor experience also includes arbitration and collective bargaining issues.
In addition, Ms. Wallace's general litigation experience includes intellectual property, breach of contract, qui tam, products liability, and other business litigation matters as well as personal injury issues.
Ms. Wallace's recent representations include:
- Representation of major airline in labor arbitrations
- Representation of an airline in pre-litigation discovery in an Intellectual Property matter
- Representation of a major lumber company in a restrictive covenant matter
- Representation of a multi-national beauty salon company in a personal injury/products liability matter
- Representation of a major Texas energy company in a personal injury lawsuit. After obtaining several favorable pretrial rulings, successfully settled case
- Representation of a major software company in a breach of contract action
- Representation of a major airline in a Title VII, Section 1981 discrimination matter. Obtained summary judgment on 24 of 28 positions at issue. After ruling, successfully negotiated settlement prior to trial
More about Tracey R Wallace: Experience | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
- Dunlap v. City of Dallas et al. (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas). Represented individual defendant in an excessive force case. After jury trial, obtained jury verdict for individual.
- Heath v. DFW Airport Board (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas). Represented defendant in a qui tam matter where over $600 million was in dispute. After co-chairing a month-long trial, jury returned verdict in favor of defendant.
- Willie Mae Wallace v. Roberta Peterson (Cooke County District Court). Prevailed on behalf of plaintiff in trial related to adverse possession of real property in Gainesville, Texas.
- Sean Perry et. al. v. K.B. Homes (Arbitration - Dallas, Texas). Represented class of homeowners in a lawsuit against homebuilder for breach of contract, fraud and negligence. Settled multiple claims for six figures prior to arbitration. After a month-long arbitration, obtained a six figure award for the remaining plaintiffs.
- Preston v. Compass Bank (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas). Defense verdict on behalf of financial institution in a Title VII, Section 1981 discrimination case.
- McAfee v. Coca Cola Enterprises (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas). Represented defendant in a multi-million dollar potential class action involving Title VII and Section 1981 claims of sex, race, disability and gender discrimination. After the class allegations were dismissed, successfully negotiated settlement agreements with remaining individual plaintiffs.
- Townsend v. Renaissance Hotel (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas). Represented major hospitality company in a case of race discrimination. Removed case to federal court based upon federal question. Successfully settled case after summary judgment motion filed.
- Griffin v. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc (Arbitration - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania). Represented defendant in personal injury action. Successfully enforced arbitration agreement. Successfully negotiated settlement prior to arbitration.
- KSM Associates, Inc. v. ACS State Healthcare L.L.C. (U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania). Represented defendant in a case involving claims of breach of contract, quantum meruit/unjust enrichment, promissory estoppel/detrimental reliance. Removed case to federal court based upon diversity. Successfully negotiated settlement on behalf of client.
More about Tracey R Wallace: Biography | Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Ms. Wallace is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Dallas Bar Association, J.L. Turner Legal Association, American Bar Association, National Bar Association, Defense Resources Institute and National Employment Law Council. Ms. Wallace serves on the National Board of Lambda Legal.
Ms. Wallace currently serves on the Board of Directors of the WHO Foundation (Women Helping Others) headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Ms. Wallace is also a Dallas Leadership Committee member for Lambda Legal.
More about Tracey R Wallace: Biography | Experience | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Ms. Wallace was named a "Lawyer of Style" at the 2011 Fashion Cited event, benefitting Legal Hospice.
More about Tracey R Wallace: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Speeches / Publications | News
Speeches / Publications
Winning Before Trial -Texas Bar CLE
Presenter - March 2009
Presented Continuing Legal Education on the topic of 5 Super Liens
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
Presenter - August 2008
Presented on the topic of Texas Supreme Court updates and Automatic Liens
Allstate Insurance Company
Presenter - Diversity Seminar - Nov. 2007
Presented Continuing Legal Education on the topic of Reverse Discrimination Claims
Texas Minority Counsel Program
Presenter - Sep. 2006
Expert Classifications: Retained and Non-retained testifying Experts. What is the Difference?
Dallas Area Rapid Transit
Sexual Harassment and Workplace Violence Seminars - Dec. 2005
Provided training in the area of Sexual Harassment and Workplace Violence
Sexual Harassment Seminar - Aug. 2004
Provided Training in the area of Sexual Harassment
National Association of Black Women Mayors
Equal Pay Act - April 2000
Presentation regarding the legal aspects of the Equal Pay Act
PUBLICATION AND PAPERS
"5 Super Liens," Winning Before Trial (Mar. 2009)
"Reeves v. Sanderson Plumbing Products, Inc. - What Impact Will it Have? Maybe None." FindLaw.com (October 2000)
"In the Shadow of Mexico, Canada Faces Its Own Economic Dilemma," NAFTA Law Review 1-AUG NAFTA: LA BUS. REV. AM. 127 (Autumn 1995)
"Who Doesn't Like Country Music, Canada That's Who," (written with Tim Baker) NAFTA Law Review 1 SUM NAFTA: LA BUS. REV. AM. 126 (Summer 1995)
"The Preservation of Canadian Culture," (written with Tim Baker) NAFTA Law Review 1 SPR 6 NAFTA: LA BUS. REV. AM. 114 (Spring 1995)
"Implementation: Canada," NAFTA Law Review 1 WTR NAFTA: LA BUS. REV. AM. 129 (Winter 1995)
Links to Publications
More about Tracey R Wallace: Biography | Experience | Involvement | Recognition | News