Jeffery P. Drummond's areas of expertise include representing hospitals and other health care providers, physicians and physician groups, research organizations, laboratories, and managed care entities, such as HMOs, PPOs, IPAs, and PHOs, in mergers and acquisitions of health care entities, formation and dissolution of corporations and partnerships, development of joint ventures (including ambulatory surgery centers and physician-owned hospitals), negotiation and formation of managed care networks, private placement of and tender offer for securities, and the issuance of over $2 billion of health care and tax-exempt financings. He regularly advises clients regarding compliance with health care, pharmaceutical, and tax exemption laws and regulations. Mr. Drummond is a frequent speaker on medical record privacy and security issues and HIPAA, and advises clients regarding compliance with those laws and regulations. He also blogs on HIPAA matters at http://www.hipaablog.blogspot.com/.
Attorney Profile: Jeff Drummond — Wired in to the health industry
More about Jeffery P. Drummond: Involvement | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Drummond is a member of the Dallas Bar Association and past chairman of the Dallas Bar Association's Health Law Section. He is also a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the National Association of Bond Lawyers, and is listed in the "Red Book" as a bond counsel.
More about Jeffery P. Drummond: Biography | Recognition | Speeches / Publications | News
Mr. Drummond was named a "Best Lawyer" by D Magazine (2014).
More about Jeffery P. Drummond: Biography | Involvement | Speeches / Publications | News
Speeches / Publications
Mr. Drummond is a frequent speaker on health care law topics, including:
- Evaluating Various Healthcare Blogging Possibilities
- Overcoming the HIPAA Risks Associated with New Media and Healthcare Electronic Communication
- HIPAA and the FTC Red Flags Rule
- HIPAA's New Proposed Rule: Prepare for Changes to Privacy, Security and Enforcement Regulations
- Mental Health Record Compliance
- Medical Privacy Rights of Minors
- Medical Records Update for Paralegals: Releases, Retention and Confidentiality Requirements
2012 Presentations Include:
- 12/13: Lorman seminar, Medical Records Law in Texas (HIPAA presentation), Dallas, Tx: "Medical Records Law in Texas: HIPAA Rules"
- 11/28: Lorman seminar, "Medical Privacy Rights of Minors"
- 10/30: Lorman seminar, Medical Records Law in Texas (HIPAA presentation), Ft. Worth, Tx: "Medical Records Law in Texas: HIPAA Rules"
- 10/4: Presentation to Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar, Addison, Tx: "HIPAA: What it Means, How it Works, and When it Really Prohibits Disclosure of Medical Records"
- 9/14: Lorman seminar, Medical Records Law in Louisiana (HIPAA presentation), Shreveport, La: "Medical Records Law in Louisiana: HIPAA Rules"
- 9/5: Presentation to Dallas Bar Assn Solo and Small Firm Section on the Affordable Care Act Impact on Attorneys, Dallas, Tx: "Health Care Reform After the Supreme Court"
- 8/16: HIPAA presentation to Medical Staff members at Hendrick Medical Center, Abilene, Tx: "HIPAA Compliance for Physician Practices"
- 8/16: Physician Compliance presentation to Hendrick Physician Group, Abilene, Tx: "Healthcare Compliance for Physicians"
- 8/15: HIPAA webinar for Rossdale CLE: "HIPAA Issues for Attorneys: HITECH and Other Enhancements"
- 8/9: National Association of Women Business Owners event, San Antonio, Tx: "The Affordable Care Act and Business Impact Update" (featuring HHS Assistant Secretary for Administration Ned Holland)
- 7/19: HIPAA training session for Advanced Eye Care, San Antonio, Tx: "HIPAA: Training Program on Privacy, Security, and HB300"
- 5/31: Lorman Webinar presentation: "Medical Privacy Rights of Minors"
- 4/28: Physician Compliance presentation to Texas Health Care, PLLC, Ft. Worth, Tx: "Healthcare Compliance for New Physicians"
- 4/20: HIPAA webinar presentation for Western Slope chapter of Colorado Health Information Management Association: "Current HIPAA Issues: HITECH and Other Enhancements"
Links to Publications
More about Jeffery P. Drummond: Biography | Involvement | Recognition | News