As the home of companies like Gearbox Software, id Software, Pi Studios, and Retro Studios, Texas is becoming a major contender in the electronic gaming industry.
Our attorneys have experience advising clients on the various laws which affect the electronic gaming industry, including copyright, trademark, and the First Amendment. They also counsel clients on strategies for anticipating and coping with those instances when their software and distribution platforms develop faster than the law, a scenario that often leaves companies confused and exposed to potential liability.
Representative services provided include:
- Acquisition and clearance of content rights for videogames
- Preparation and negotiation of various electronic gaming industry agreements
- Patent prosecution for new electronic gaming technologies
- Protection, enforcement, management and exploitation of videogame content
Representative clients include:
- Videogame developers and publishers
- Videogame retailers
Please contact one of our entertainment law practitioners for more information.
© 1999 - 2013Jackson Walker L.L.P. · All Rights Reserved · Unless otherwise noted, attorneys not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.