Jackson Walker represents franchisors and franchisees, helping them to make educated decisions regarding franchise growth and franchise opportunities. With decades of experience in franchising law, our attorneys possess thorough knowledge of both the business and legal aspects of franchising.
Franchising is a method of distribution that combines the advantages of a branded, centralized, specialized system with the capital and micro-management of local independent business persons to produce a market competitor with critical mass. It can leverage a business's success far beyond its own capital and management resources.
The proven formula of the franchise model dramatically expands the potential for entrepreneurial success on a local, national and international basis. Maximizing this potential requires a thorough understanding of the franchise process, including the complex legal issues and numerous business considerations. Franchising's inherent geographic expansiveness and long-term business relationships cause it to be affected by an array of dynamic federal, state, and local laws. Simply stated, comprehensive franchise representation is critical.
Given the extensive experience of our attorneys and staff, Jackson Walker is uniquely qualified to assist a franchise company in pursuit of its goals by providing a strong foundation for success and being diligently responsive as issues arise. As full service franchise lawyers, we are deeply committed to the success of each and every client.
We regularly assist both franchises and franchisees with:
- Creating legal infrastructures necessary for the offering of a franchise opportunity
- Drafting and regularly updating comprehensive Uniform Franchise Offering Circulars (UFOC) in compliance with the FTC Rule
- Drafting franchise agreements and disclosure documents
- Obtaining registrations in states which require them
- Assisting in negotiations with prospective franchisees
- Providing ongoing strategic legal and business advice regarding issues such as franchising sales and operations, as well as best practices and procedures designed to minimize litigation risks and create value
- Representing clients in franchise litigation and disputes.
We take an interdisciplinary approach to legal services, offering our clients the resources of Jackson Walker's approximately 300 attorneys, located in our Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Angelo, and San Antonio offices. Jackson Walker consistently fulfills client needs with our unique ability to utilize and rely upon the expertise of our many attorneys experienced in handling the diverse challenges confronting our franchise clients, including issues involving intellectual property, real estate, and litigation.
Wayne P. Bunch, Jr.
Mark H. Miller
© 1999 - 2013Jackson Walker L.L.P. · All Rights Reserved · Unless otherwise noted, attorneys not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.