Jackson Walker's Opportunity in Economic Crisis Task Force provides coordinated and comprehensive support and advice to clients with regard to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The stimulus legislation provides unparalleled opportunity to our clients in all aspects of infrastructure project implementation and in non-infrastructure areas such as education, health care, energy, environment and climate change, science and technology, and real estate.
This task force includes attorneys with extensive experience in Land Use & Municipal Law, Energy, Environmental (including Biodiesel and Advanced Biofuels, Climate Change & Carbon Management and Renewable Energy), and Emerging Business groups to help you navigate how your business can be impacted. Our attorneys have carefully analyzed this legislation and are monitoring the ongoing implementation of its mandates by federal agencies and state and local governments on a continuing basis.
This group specifically focuses on how to help clients benefit from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act by providing clients with a go-to resource on the economic stimulus legislation and resulting developments.
We see the following as some of the most significant opportunities, and by clicking on your area of interest, you can access additional information regarding available opportunities:
– Clean Technology and Science
– Construction and Infrastructure
– Energy and Environmental
– Healthcare & Health Technology
We also believe that many clients will be impacted in the following compliance areas as a result of the new legislation. Please click on your topic of interest for further information:
– Building Codes
– Health Information Technology Standards
– HIPAA Revisions and Data Breach Rules
– Inbound International Opportunities & Limitations
The focus of this task force is as follows:
- Educating and informing clients on how best to leverage emerging opportunities associated with infrastructure-rebuilding projects, energy and alternative energy development, healthcare infrastructure, and scientific research and development resulting from the stimulus legislation.
- Staying on top of changing developments in the new legislation.
- Identifying current and new infrastructure projects in Texas and surrounding states, which we can quickly evaluate and match with our clients and prospective clients, helping them to number among the vanguard of the American economic recovery.
Please check back often for client alerts developed on this subject. CLICK HERE to go directly to e-Alerts on this subject.
Opportunity in Economic Crisis Task Force complements JW's other initiative stemming from the financial crisis, our Financial Recovery Solutions Group.
Clean Technology and Science
Construction and Infrastructure
Energy and Environmental
Megan Quinn Bluntzer
Healthcare & Health Technology
Mary Emma Karam
Inbound International Opportunities & Limitations
– Recovery Sites by Agency
– Recovery Sites by State
– Current Federal Grant Opportunities under the Act
– Current List of Grants
– Government Contract, Award and Other Data
– Information Specific to Texas
– Recovery Act - Webinar Training Materials
Federal Contracting Opportunities
Texas Comptroller's Office
– Texas Grants, Funding Opportunities and Federal Contracting Opportunities
– Stimulus Impact on Texas (PDF)
– State Procurement
– Contact information
Texas House of Representatives Select Committee on Federal Economic Stabilization Funding
– Texas Stimulus Fund
– Contact information
Legislative Budget Board
– Select Federal Economic Stimulus Provisions Impacting Texas State Budget
– Contact information
Health and Human Services
– Recovery Money from HHS
National Institutes of Health
– NIH Funds and Grants
Areas of Practice
- Construction and Infrastructure Projects
- Employee Benefits/COBRA
- Energy and Environmental
- Financial Recovery Solutions
- Health Information Technology Standards
- HealthCare & Health Technology
- HIPAA Revisions and Data Breach Rules
- International Opportunities and Limitations
- Scientific Research and Development
© 1999 - 2013Jackson Walker L.L.P. · All Rights Reserved · Unless otherwise noted, attorneys not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.