Jackson Walker L.L.P. has been named a finalist for the 2013 Thomas L. Sager Award for the South Region. The firm is one of only three finalists for this prestigious award, which is presented each year by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association to law firms that have demonstrated sustained commitment to improve the hiring, retention and promotion of minority attorneys.
The winner will be recognized during a special event on Oct. 8 at the Dallas World Aquarium. Recipients will also be profiled in Diversity & the Bar magazine. The rigorous selection process takes into account both the firm’s demographic profile and efforts in the areas of recruiting, retention, mentoring, promotion, pipeline initiatives, LGBT initiatives, women’s initiatives, work-life balance, collaborative efforts with community and bar associations, and innovative practices that result in sustainable efforts to increase diversity.
Jackson Walker is dedicated to fostering diversity by creating a culture in which all individuals are afforded the opportunity to excel. As a result of the firm’s targeted efforts:
- In 2013, American Lawyer recognized Jackson Walker as one of only five out of 183 national law firms at which women constituted a majority of new partner classes. Of those five firms, Jackson Walker had the highest percentage with 63.6 percent.
- Also in 2013, Jackson Walker received the Outstanding Firm award from the Travis County Women Lawyers Association and Travis County Women Lawyers Foundation as a result of the firm’s efforts to develop and retain women attorneys.
- For the past two years, Jackson Walker has ranked among the top five Texas firms in American Lawyer’s Diversity Scorecard.
- Jackson Walker has been named among the “Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity” in MultiCultural Law magazine’s highly competitive ranking. The firm was also ranked seventh on the magazine’s “Top 25 Law Firms for Hispanic-Americans” list.
- Jackson Walker was honored as a “Diversity Champion” for its involvement in the Houston Bar Association’s Minority Opportunities in the Legal Profession Summer Internship Program.
- Jackson Walker received the “Corporation of the Year” award in August 2013 from the Austin Area Urban League, recognizing the firm’s service to the community and diversity efforts.
To learn more about Jackson Walker’s commitment to diversity and to read the firm’s annual diversity report, CLICK HERE.