“I care about the quality and integrity of the Bexar County courts and the people that come before them. When you walk out of the courthouse, you should feel like you were respected, you were heard, and that the judge had the dedication, knowledge, and experience to understand your case and the law. As your judge, I will work hard each day to exceed those expectations,” said Elena.
Elena, a Democrat, does not currently have an opponent. The General Election will take place in conjunction with the Presidential Election in November 2016. If necessary, the Primary Election will be held on March 1, 2016, with early voting scheduled for Feb. 19-26.
Elena brings to her candidacy a combination of extensive experience as a trial and appellate attorney and a deep commitment to serving her community.
In her legal practice, Elena represents companies and individuals in a wide range of civil lawsuits, placing an emphasis on communication and results. Described as tenacious in the courtroom and beyond, Elena attributes her success as a trial lawyer to her passion for advocating for her clients. Beyond the courtroom, Elena also serves as an advisor to clients looking to strengthen their business and prevent legal disputes in the future. Among her many professional accolades, Elena has been:
- Selected as one of 20 San Antonio Latino Rising Stars by Latino Leaders Magazine(2014)
- Awarded the North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce’s ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award, which recognizes women leaders and organizations that encourage women to achieve their full potential (2014)
- Presented the “40 Under 40” award by the San Antonio Business Journal, honoring young professionals in San Antonio who are making a difference in their respective professional fields and in the community (2012)
- Selected as a San Antonio “Best Lawyer” by the S.A. Scene(2013–2014)
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters (2010–2015)
- Named as a “Rising Star” by the S.A. Scene (2009–2010, 2013)
Elena grew up in San Antonio and graduated from Robert E. Lee High School. After law school, she returned to San Antonio to practice law. As a San Antonio native, Elena is committed to the development and improvement of San Antonio, Bexar County, and the surrounding areas. Her extensive community involvement includes serving on the board of directors and as a classroom volunteer for Junior Achievement South Texas, serving on the National Association of Women’s Business Owner’s foundation committee encouraging teen girls to pursue entrepreneurship and higher education, representing indigent clients pro bono, and serving on the Witte Museum’s Development Committee. Elena was selected to participate in the North Chamber of Commerce of San Antonio’s Leadership Lab Class of 2011 and the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Class of 2012. In addition, Elena is a member of the San Antonio Bar Association and is currently serving a three-year term as a member of the State Bar of Texas Rules of Evidence Committee.
“Serving as the 131st District Court Judge will enable me to continue to serve my community in an even greater capacity,” Elena said. “I am thrilled to pursue this opportunity to represent the constituents of Bexar County and humbly seek your support in the primary and general election.”
Jackson Walker congratulates and supports Elena in her candidacy for office.