Ann M. Leafstedt
Ann helps family offices and businesses in a variety of industries achieve their objectives. She provides general corporate representation, and advises clients on the formation of entities, acquisitions, corporate governance issues, financing transactions and other business matters.
Ann also regularly counsels clients involved in mergers and acquisitions on compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Act, including how to navigate the pre-merger notification process and the disclosures required in HSR Act filings. As a leader on the subject, Ann and her colleague Shari Mao presented an internal continuing legal education program on HSR compliance called “The ABC’s of HSR.”
B.A., Williams College
M.A., Stanford University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- Ann provides family offices with strategic advice in implementing succession planning and handling both day-to-day business matters and complex financing and corporate transactions.
- Ann has drafted operating agreements for large and small family businesses to preserve wealth and handle a range of family situations and dynamics.
- Ann represents clients in a variety of industries, including energy, construction, heavy equipment, and ranching.
- Ann has worked on the negotiation and closing of many large financing transactions, primarily representing borrowers.
- Works with multi-disciplinary teams of tax, real estate and IP specialists to help clients navigate all angles of deals.
- Representative transactions include handling acquisitions of a construction company, aircraft holding company, cyber-security consulting firm, a security alarm provider, and many others.
- Ann has enjoyed advising several local non-profit organizations on a pro bono basis.
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2018
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2015, 2017-2020
- Business & Corporate
- Closely Held Business
- “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law,” San Antonio Scene, 2021
- Speaker, “The ABC’s of HSR,” Jackson Walker Internal HSR Compliance CLE, October 2020
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Public Library Foundation, Board of Directors; Co-Chair, Literacy Caravan Committee
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Construction Project Committee; Altar Guild
- Leadership San Antonio (LSA), Participant, 2018
- Green Spaces Alliance, Board of Directors (2015-2019)
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Junior Warden (2018-2019); Vestry (2017-2019); Finance Committee (2017-2020)