Anna R. Irion
Anna Irion is a Houston energy attorney who focuses on upstream and midstream transactions. Her current practice consists of advising clients in the acquisition and disposition of E&P and midstream assets, negotiation of oil and gas gathering and transportation agreements, and development of interstate and intrastate pipelines.
She has previously been involved in natural gas gathering, treating and processing agreements, oil and gas throughput and deficiency agreements, asset purchase and sale agreements, easements and rights-of-way, and more. Her clients include oil and gas processors, gatherers and transporters, producers, operators, investors, and marketers.
Among her experience, she has represented buyers and sellers in several states, including Texas, Louisiana, Montana, Oklahoma and other states, as well as assisted with clients with Federal and State regulations relating to the construction and operations of facilities and related filings.
Anna’s ultimate goal for each transaction is get it to the finish line in the most time and cost efficient manner possible. By discussing the clients’ needs, wants, and ultimate goals at the very beginning stages of a project, she and her clients begin the process in an ideal position for moving the transaction along smoothly. Throughout the process, Anna consistently reassesses the clients’ needs to ensure that all of the parties are communicating and are on the same page and that she and her clients have the opportunity to determine whether the original plan of action is the best avenue to achieve the desired outcome.
B.A., magna cum laude, Texas State University
J.D., cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Dean’s List
- Judges Committee, Jackson Walker Moot Court Board
- Represented the gatherer in the renegotiation and amendment of several gathering and processing agreements in Texas, Louisiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Drafted and negotiated ten-year transportation agreement and the necessary regulatory filings for the interstate transportation of crude oil in North Dakota.
- Represented client in all pre and post-closing stages in the acquisition of 18,000 net acres in Houston and Madison Counties, Texas for $720 million which included 30 square miles of 3-D seismic data, a salt water disposal system, 36 net producing wellbores, and 136 proved undeveloped drilling locations.
- Counsel for client in all phases of the sale of its three subsidiary companies and Oklahoma assets (which included treating and compression facilities, three cryogenic processing plants, and 66 miles of gathering pipelines) for $600 million. Prior to the sale, drafted and negotiated the gathering and processing agreements.
- Represented client in all phases of the sale of substantially all of its natural gas gathering assets (which included both rich and lean systems) in South Texas for approximately $215 million.
- Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2018
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Houston Gas Processors Association
- American Petroleum Institute – Houston Chapter
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- The Women’s Energy Network
- Association of Women Attorneys
- Board of Directors for SIRE and SIRE’s Governance Committee, past Board Member
All stages of the acquisition, development, and operation of upstream and midstream facilities and with the drafting and negotiation of the following:
- Asset and membership interest purchase and sale agreements
- Natural gas gathering, treating, processing, and marketing agreements
- Crude oil transportation and storage agreements
- Crude oil and natural gas throughput and deficiency agreements
- NGL sales and exchange agreements
- Easements and rights-of-way
- Operating agreements
- Construction and interconnect agreements
She also has experience with the following:
- Federal and state regulations relating to gathering and transmission facilities.
- Formation of joint venture relationships for midstream and upstream activities.
- Acquisition and leasing of mineral interests
- Regulations applicable to cross-border pipeline facilities