April Vasquez Leibman
April Vasquez Leibman assists clients with complex commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions and dispositions of real estate. April regularly represents landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of office and retail leases in Texas and across the nation. She has represented both sellers and purchasers of commercial properties, including industrial properties, in transactions ranging from $1,000,000 and exceeding $300,000,000.
April represents owners and developers with the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts for showcase headquarter office buildings, build-to-suit leases, automotive dealerships, government buildings, schools, and industrial and retail centers.
Recently, April has spent a large portion of her practice on industrial sales and acquisitions, drafting and negotiating construction contracts including American Institute of Architects (AIA) construction contracts, and drafting and negotiating leases for office and retail. Her recent experience also includes representation of developer clients in land acquisitions.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Staff Member, South Texas Law Review
Representing all types of owners in real estate and construction matters including:
- Real estate investment companies including one of the largest privately held real estate companies in the world
- A Fortune 500 automotive retailer
- A world renowned public institution based on Houston
- Sale of multiple industrial properties, including built to sale projects, with a combined sales price of $500,000,000
- Represented two state of Texas institutions for the preparation and negotiation of a collaborative lease with another large state of Texas institution and a Texas Medical Center non-profit for a large development at the Texas Medical Center
- Acquisition of a 16 building, 800,000 square foot office and retail complex with a purchase price in excess of $200,000,000
- Sale of a 4 building, 460,000 square foot office complex housing entertainment production companies with a sale price in excess of $300,000,000
- Acquisition of an 11 building, 800,000 square foot business park comprised of office and lab space
- Sale of a 700,000 square foot, 32 acre retail complex housing design companies and related retail with a purchase price in excess of $130,000,000
- Acquisition of a 175,000 square foot historic building in Portland, Oregon
- Acquisition of a multiple vehicle brand dealership including 4 real estate properties for an international automotive dealer
- Represented a national retail tenant for the preparation and negotiation of over 40 lease amendments in connection with a Chapter 11 reorganization
- Preparation and negotiation of construction contracts for an international automotive dealer
- Leasing for a portfolio of office buildings in Texas, Florida, Colorado, North Carolina, Illinois, Tennessee, Maryland, Nebraska, and Georgia
- Preparation of construction contracts for the development of a Class A office building in downtown Houston, Texas
- Preparation of construction contracts for the development of a charter school in Houston, Texas
- Preparation of a lease for 77,000 square feet in a Class A office building in Houston, Texas
- Preparation of a data center lease for a large tenant with an international presence
- Representation of a purchaser in the acquisition of a 65 acre lot in Teton County, Wyoming
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2021-2024
- “Top Lawyers” List, H Texas magazine, 2010
- Houston Professionals on the Fast Track
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2010, 2013-2017
In the News
- “COVID-19 Shut-Downs Have Law Firms Wondering How Much Real Estate They Really Need,” Law.com, April, 20, 2020
- “Rethinking Law Firm Real Estate When the Office Is Empty,” Law.com, March, 27, 2020
- Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA), Member, 2018
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Landmark Awards, CREW Committee
November 27, 2023Client Results
Jackson Walker partner April Vasquez Leibman and senior counsel Taylor Lamb represented Houston-based Hines in finalizing a lease agreement at Texas Tower for British law firm Clifford Chance.
November 27, 2023Client Results
Jackson Walker partner April Vasquez Leibman represented Group 1 Automotive, Inc., a Houston-based automotive dealer, with a long-term lease agreement. The recently finalized agreement with Moody Rambin will facilitate the relocation of their headquarters to the newly developed Town Centre Two.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
April 20, 2020Mentions
COVID-19 Shut-Downs Have Law Firms Wondering How Much Real Estate They Really Need | The Mid-Market Report
Real estate partner April Vasquez Leibman was featured in The Mid-Market Report discussing how the mandated work-from-home policies will accelerate the trend toward reduced square footage and more collaborative work spaces.
March 27, 2020Mentions
Real Estate partner April Vasquez Leibman was quoted about the sudden shift to remote working.
March 8, 2017Attorney News
Jackson Walker is proud to congratulate its 36 attorneys who were named to Thomson Reuters’ 2017 “ Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list.