Ashley Scheer has over 20 years of experience advising and counseling clients about employment issues. Ashley provides solid, practical advice and prides herself on being responsive to client’s needs. Her pragmatic approach assists clients in avoiding litigation, however she is also a zealous advocate and has represented clients in a broad range of employment litigation in federal and state courts and related proceedings. Additionally, she is an experienced investigator of workplace complaints and other law firms and insurance companies engage her to conduct in-house investigations of employee complaints.
Active within the city of Dallas charitable and civic communities, Ashley has a track record of giving back to the community. It is the personal connection she makes with clients that separates her from other employment attorneys. In addition to conducting investigations, Ashley often provides in house training to clients on various employment issues.
Ashley’s practice focuses on the representation of clients in a broad range of employment litigation in federal and state courts and related proceedings. Additionally, she handles disputes before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, and state agencies in claims of discrimination and wage and hour administrative investigations. Ashley has experience in matters involving all forms of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour issues, and noncompetition matters.
Ashley’s nonlitigation practice includes advising and counseling clients about legal compliance and risk management relating to employment and human resource issues. Ashley advises clients with employee discipline and termination, reductions in force, leaves of absence, hiring and promotion practices, drug testing, worker’s compensation, workplace violence and protection of confidential information.
Ashley was appointed in 2015 to the American Arbitration Association’s panel of arbitrators for employment disputes.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., SMU Dedman School of Law
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Numerous successive representations of physician staffing firms in the enforcement of noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements
- Successfully defended national hotel chain in FMLA lawsuit
- Obtained summary judgment for national healthcare company in race discrimination lawsuit
- Successfully defended oil and gas company in same sex harassment lawsuit
- Successfully defended healthcare company in wrongful termination and defamation lawsuit
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- “Top 10 Mistakes Employers Make and How to Keep from Making Them,” Labor & Employment Law Symposium (October 11, 2018)
- American Arbitration Association
- Leadership Dallas, Class of 1998
- Literacy Instruction for Texas (LIFT), Board of Trustees
- Human Resources Committee for LIFT, Chair
- LIFT’ers, Founding Chair
- Girls, Inc. of Metropolitan Dallas, Board of Trustees
- Girls, Inc. of Metropolitan Dallas, Vice Chair, Human Resources Committee
- Dallas Bar Association, Fellow
- Women’s Business Council Southwest, Certification Appeals Committee
- Greenhill School, Board of Trustees
- Parent Association of Greenhill School
- Board of Trustees of Ursuline Academy, Former Member
- The Family Place, Former Volunteer of the Year
- ARTS for People, Former Co-President
- North Texas Food Bank, Volunteer
- Austin Street Shelter, Volunteer
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Volunteer
- Vogel Alcove, Volunteer
- Lovers Lane United Methodist Church, Volunteer
Ashley has represented individuals and employers in employment matters in the following industries:
- Oil and Gas