Baker Howry is an attorney in the Trial & Appellate Litigation practice of Jackson Walker’s Houston office.
In 2020 and 2021, she served as a summer associate at the firm, preparing memoranda involving CERCLA lessee liability and real estate foreclosure and working on internal contract documents regarding nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Prior to Jackson Walker, Baker worked in the Government Affairs office of the American Dental Association as the Lead Project Assistant for the Regulatory and Congressional Affairs team and as the ADPAC Senior Project Assistant. She also worked in the Washington, D.C. offices of Congressmen Lloyd Doggett (Texas) and Ben Ray Lujan and served as an intern for the Government Relations team of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
B.S., Health Promotion, University of Georgia
J.D., summa cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston
- South Texas Law Review, Executive Editor
- Student Bar Association, Secretary and 1L Representative
- ABA Regional Arbitration Competition, Champions
- ABA National Arbitration Competition, Semi-Finalist
- University of Texas Judge John R. Brown Moot Court Tournament, 2021 Semi-Finalist
- CALI Award for Legal Research & Writing I; Comparative Law; Transactional Skills Real Estate
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA) Leadership Academy, Class of 2022-2023
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
October 3, 2022Attorney News
This year, the firm proudly welcomes 18 law school graduates to expand our Bankruptcy, Restructuring, & Recovery, Corporate & Securities, Energy, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (ERISA), Finance & Banking, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, and Trial & Appellate Litigation practices.