Bart J. Cicuto
Bart advises lenders, developers, sellers, and purchasers in commercial real estate and finance matters, including: acquisition, construction & development finance; the negotiation of purchase and sale transactions; ground leases, office leases and subleases; development agreements; property management agreements; easements; and covenants, conditions, and restrictions. Bart has demonstrated experience working with third-parties such as lessors, lessees, engineers, architects, and contractors to negotiate agreements, estoppels, subordinations, and consents on behalf of lenders and borrowers.
Bart has served as counsel to commercial banks and institution lenders ranging from Fortune 100 companies to regional lenders in a broad range of financial transactions, including investment grade and leveraged lending, loan syndications, participations, debt restructuring facilities, note-on-note financing, senior and subordinate financing, acquisition financing, and asset-based lending transactions.
For developers, Bart offers experience in construction and permanent financing for a wide-range of projects, including multifamily, multi-use, office, industrial, and retail.
B.A., Bucknell University
J.D., cum laude, Temple University School of Law
- International & Comparative Law Journal, Staff Member
Real Estate & Finance
- Representation of lender in $54.6 million multi-facility secured loan
- Representation of lender in middle-market deal totaling $31 million for borrower
- Representation of buyer in a secured lending transaction in the aggregate principal amount of over $22 million, secured by real estate assets in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Louisiana
- Representation of lender in a $1.13 billion syndicated mortgage loan financing to acquire a 298-building industrial portfolio located in 14 states
- Representation of buyer in $130.6 million acquisition
- Representation of seller in closing of 180 commercial real estate loans aggregating more than $8 billion
- Representation of real estate development firms in project finance for mixed-use facilities; responsible for drafting loan and real estate documents
- Experienced in renewable energy acquisitions, including wind and solar projects, as well as timberland acquisitions, with a leading role in negotiating real estate documentation, purchase options and general survey, licensing, and title diligence
- Representation of borrowers and lenders in workouts and refinancing; responsible for drafting loan amendments, forbearance agreements, and subordination agreements
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Bart was an active pro bono attorney for the Tahirih Justice Center, which offers legal services to immigrant women and children subjected to domestic violence, human trafficking, and other forms of abuse.
Additionally, Bart is an active member in the following organizations:
- Urban Land Institute
- American Bar Association
- Real Estate Counsel of Austin