Brett A. Reamer
Brett Reamer is an attorney in Jackson Walker’s Austin office. Brett maintains a practice focused on real estate matters with an emphasis on buying, selling, financing, developing and leasing commercial real estate. Brett leverages a background in corporate law to assist clients in a variety of real estate transactions.
Brett acts as a counselor to clients both public and private, including individual investors, family offices, private equity funds, developers, real estate investment trusts and master limited partnerships.
B.A., summa cum laude, Texas A&M University
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
- Executive Articles Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Sale of Minority Interest in Privately Held Company. Represented a minority owner in his sale of his remaining interest in a privately held automotive and real estate company.
- Acquisition of Privately Held Corporation. Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a privately held Louisiana corporation and its wholly owned Texas subsidiary.
- Acquisition of Privately Held Company. Represented a publicly traded corporation in its acquisition of a privately held company, related equity issuance and restructuring of its credit facilities.
- Acquisition of Publicly Traded Company. Represented a publicly traded limited partnership in the acquisition of its publicly traded general partner.
- Issuance of Series D Preferred Units. Represented a publicly traded limited partnership in its issuance of Series D Cumulative Convertible Preferred Units.
- Public Issuance of Common Units. Represented the underwriters in a public offering of common units on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2021-2022
- Real Estate Council of Austin, Member
- Urban Land Institute Austin, Member