Brett A. Reamer
Brett Reamer is a real estate attorney in the Austin office. Brett leverages his previous experience as a corporate attorney to represent and advise commercial real estate investors, developers and managers in a broad range of transactions across the United States, including acquisitions and dispositions, development matters, joint ventures, financing, leasing, and day-to-day operations. Brett has extensive experience across a variety of real estate asset classes including office, multifamily, retail, industrial, mixed use, master planned developments, build-to-rent, raw land, farm and ranch, and single family residential.
Brett’s past corporate experience includes advising a variety of clients on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and public and private offerings of debt and equity.
B.A., summa cum laude, Texas A&M University
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
- Executive Articles Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Represented equity partner in a joint venture’s acquisition of an approximately $46 million multifamily development in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented equity partner in a joint venture’s acquisition of a $90 million multifamily development in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented one of the largest privately held rental housing firms in its acquisition and development of an approximately four hundred unit multifamily development in Austin, Texas.
- Represented a real estate fund in its investment in a joint venture acquiring a portfolio of multifamily properties in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex with a purchase price in excess of $300 million.
- Represented an owner in its disposition of two multifamily properties in Phoenix, Arizona for an aggregate sales price in excess of $80 million.
- Represented a real estate fund in its acquisition and repositioning of an apartment complex in Austin, Texas with a purchase price in excess of $70 million.
- Represented a real estate fund in its investment in a joint venture developing a ground-up, mixed use development in Austin, Texas with a total development value of over $150 million
- Represented minority owner in its investment in a mixed-use development in Austin’s Central Business District with a total project value in excess of $50 million
- Represented a real estate fund in its acquisition of a multifamily property in San Antonio, Texas with a project value in excess of $35 million.
- Represented a developer in a series of acquisitions in the Central Business District of Austin, Texas and provided legal advice with respect to operating the properties, including financing, leasing, various development and entitlement matters.
- Represented real estate fund in its acquisition, development, financing and forward sale of an industrial complex in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented buyer in its acquisition of an approximately 63,000 square foot industrial business center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Represented a large privately held real estate development company in its acquisition and development of an industrial center in San Marcos, Texas.
- Represented a joint venture in its acquisition of an industrial portfolio of properties from a publicly traded company in the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex with a purchase price in excess of $70 million
- Represented a developer in its acquisition and development of multiple build-for-rent communities throughout Texas.
Farm, Ranch and Single Family
- Represented a family in its disposition of an approximately 900-acre ranch in Central Texas in an off-market transaction.
- Represented an investor in the purchase of a large ranch property in Central Texas followed by an immediate disposition of said property in three subsequent sales.
- Represented individuals and family offices in acquisitions and dispositions of single-family residential properties, including properties valued in excess of $10 million.
- Represented a minority owner in his sale of his remaining interest in a privately held automotive and real estate company.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a privately held Louisiana corporation and its wholly owned Texas subsidiary.
- Represented a publicly traded corporation in its acquisition of a privately held company, related equity issuance and restructuring of its credit facilities.
- Represented a publicly traded limited partnership in the acquisition of its publicly traded general partner.
- Represented a publicly traded limited partnership in its issuance of Series D cumulative convertible preferred units.
- Represented the underwriters in a public offering of common units on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2021-2024
- The Real Estate Council of Austin, Leadership Development Council, 2022
- Austin Parks Foundation, APF Ambassador, 2022
- Urban Land Institute Austin
- State Bar of Texas
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.