Brett A. Reamer
Brett Reamer is an attorney in Jackson Walker’s Austin office. Brett maintains a practice focused on real estate matters with an emphasis on buying, selling, financing, developing and leasing commercial real estate. Brett leverages a background in corporate law to assist clients in a variety of real estate transactions.
Brett acts as a counselor to clients both public and private, including individual investors, family offices, private equity funds, developers, real estate investment trusts and master limited partnerships.
B.A., summa cum laude, Texas A&M University
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
- Executive Articles Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Sale of Minority Interest in Privately Held Company. Represented a minority owner in his sale of his remaining interest in a privately held automotive and real estate company.
- Acquisition of Privately Held Corporation. Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a privately held Louisiana corporation and its wholly owned Texas subsidiary.
- Acquisition of Privately Held Company. Represented a publicly traded corporation in its acquisition of a privately held company, related equity issuance and restructuring of its credit facilities.
- Acquisition of Publicly Traded Company. Represented a publicly traded limited partnership in the acquisition of its publicly traded general partner.
- Issuance of Series D Preferred Units. Represented a publicly traded limited partnership in its issuance of Series D Cumulative Convertible Preferred Units.
- Public Issuance of Common Units. Represented the underwriters in a public offering of common units on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
- Real Estate Council of Austin, Member
- Urban Land Institute Austin, Member
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.