Brian S. Harris
Brian Harris is an attorney in the Real Estate group of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. In his practice, Brian represents landlords, tenants, and commercial property owners in Texas and throughout the United States in complex real estate matters, primarily the acquisition, disposition, management, and leasing of all types of real estate.
When it comes to acquisition or disposition, Brian has experience on both sides of the table representing both buy-side and sell-side clients in the acquisition and disposition of a variety of properties, including commercial office, retail, raw land, industrial and mixed use properties, as well as in the acquisition and disposition of ground lease interests, multi-million dollar property portfolios, and in the sale of ownership interests. Brian’s clients regularly include buyers, sellers, developers, real estate investment funds, and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
Brian’s extensive leasing work includes representing both institutional landlords and corporate tenants across the nation in the leasing and subleasing of a wide range of properties, including commercial office, retail, mixed use, ground lease, industrial, and medical office. Brian has handled leasing matters for clients on properties from coast-to-coast, including California, Colorado, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington state.
Brian regularly represents commercial property owners in a variety of other matters, including investment management, property management, leasing brokerage, easements, parking, and disputes.
B.A., Truman State University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
Brian Harris assists a wide variety of clients with complex real estate matters, primarily with the acquisition, disposition, management and leasing of all types of real estate.
Acquisition & Disposition
- Represented seller in $111 million sale of office building in Bellevue, Washington
- Represented owner in $77 million acquisition of a multi-office building property in San Diego, California
- Represented owner in acquisition and disposition of multi-office building complex in The Woodlands, Texas
- Represented real estate investment trust (REIT) in $65 million acquisition of office building in Austin, Texas
- Represented REIT in $79 million acquisition of office building in Washington, D.C.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of 5 building, $88 million portfolio acquisition in Santa Monica, California
- Represented multiple buyers of improved and unimproved properties as end users in connection with new developments
- Represented charter school in acquisitions of shopping centers, churches and office buildings for future use as schools
Management & Leasing
- Represented owner in $150 million sale of ground lease interest of multi-building office complex in Palo Alto, California
- Represented landlord in long term lease of 205,000 square foot building to a single tenant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Represented landlord in a long-term lease of entire building in Santa Monica, California
- Represented landlord in long-term renewal of 190,000 square foot tenant in The Woodlands, Texas
- Represented landlord in long-term lease of 86,000 square feet for co-working tenant in Houston, Texas
- Represented landlord in long-term lease of 20,000 square feet for food hall in Houston, Texas
- Represented landlord in long-term lease of 100,000 square feet for fitness and co-working space in Houston, Texas
- Represented landlord in long-term lease of 63,000 square feet for co-working tenant in Houston, Texas
- Represented landlord in long-term lease of 107,000 square feet tenant in Herndon, Virginia
- Represented landlord in long-term renewal and relocation of 118,000 square foot entertainment tenant within multi-office building complex in San Diego, California
- Represented Houston real estate investment fund as owner in development management, asset management, investment management, entitlement management property management and leasing agreements in numerous properties in Texas, California, Virginia, Colorado and North Carolina
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2023-2024
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2007-2010
- Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine, 2010
- Houston Professionals on the Fast Track, 2007
Authored the chapter “Bankruptcies and Subleased Properties: An Overview of the Issues” in the book The Sublease and Assignment Deskbook: Legal Issues, Forms, and Drafting Techniques for Commercial Lease Transfer, which was published by American Bar Association Publishing in 2013.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
February 5, 2014Client Results
Jackson Walker successfully represented its client Zachry Engineering Corporation in its recent acquisition of Houston-based Commonwealth Engineering & Construction, LLC.
December 18, 2012Insights
Several Jackson Walker attorneys recently authored the law book Texas Forms – Real Estate 2013, published by Jones McClure.