Brooke Willard is an attorney in the Labor and Employment section of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. Brooke advises and represents employers in all areas of labor and employment law, including matters involving discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, wage and hour disputes, and compensation disputes.
Brooke also specializes in COVID-19 counseling and compliance. She takes pride in delivering practical advice to employers, empowering them to navigate the many issues presented by the pandemic.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Brooke gained legal experience in Texas and around the world. Brooke’s diverse legal background gives her a unique perspective when approaching clients’ cases. Brooke lived in Kolkata, India for a year assisting the International Justice Mission legal team in the fight against modern day slavery, securing the freedom of young girls and the conviction of human traffickers. She went on to intern for the Honorable David Hittner of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Brooke then interned at the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, interviewing victims and witnesses, assisting prosecutors, and participating in plea negotiations.
Brooke was a Summer Associate with Jackson Walker in 2017.
B.A., Plan II Honors, The University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Dean’s Scholar
- Federal Bar Association Blask Fellow, 2016
- Student Bar Association 1L Representative
- Co-Author, “The CDC Issues Revised Guidelines—Is It Time to Go to “No Mask Required”?,” Jackson Walker Insights & Resources (May 2021)
- Author, “Employer’s Choice: Extension of FFCRA Paid Leave,” Jackson Walker Labor & Employment e-Alert (March 2021)
- Co-Author, “Employers Face Unique Legal Questions During Pandemic,” Texas Lawyer (October 2020)
- Co-Author, “Frequently Asked Questions: Labor & Employment for Nonprofit Organizations,” Jackson Walker Insights & Resources (August 2020)
- Co-Author, “Navigating the Pandemic: An Employee’s Guide in Uncharted Waters,” The Houston Lawyer magazine (July 2020)
- “What Do Revised CDC Guidelines Mean for the Workplace?,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes Podcast (May 2021)
- “COVID-Related Changes to Paid Sick Leave,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes Podcast (April 2021)
- “What Employers Should Know About the CDC’s Guidance for Fully Vaccinated People,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes Podcast (March 2021)
- “Primer for Nonprofits on Paid Employees, Volunteers, and Interns,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes Podcast (July 2020)
- “COVID-19: Returning to Work,” Jackson Walker Webinar (May 2020)
- South Texas College of Law Young Alumni Council Member
- City Church member
- Texas4000 for Cancer, Business Development Committee Member and Cyclist