C. Bradford Lowry
Brad Lowry is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, placing him among a select few Texas attorneys who have earned that distinction. With more than 25 years of experience, Brad has handled a wide variety of complex commercial real estate, real estate finance and real estate related transactions for a diverse range of clients ranging from local investors to public companies, including developers, owners, lenders, buyers, sellers, borrowers, landlords, tenants, REITS, equity investors and asset managers.
Brad’s practice focuses on real estate acquisition, development, investment, management, leasing, finance and disposition, including portfolio transactions, with extensive experience in transactions involving hotels, office buildings, shopping centers and other retail projects, multifamily communities, industrial properties, healthcare projects, residential communities and mixed-use developments.
In addition to real estate and real estate finance transactions, Brad also represents corporate and small business clients as well as individuals on a variety of matters, often working closely with other Jackson Walker attorneys in handling such matters as entity selection and formation, asset and stock sales, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property rights, franchise agreements, mineral ownership and transfer, and land use and entitlement.
B.B.A., Texas A&M University Commerce
J.D., Baylor Law School
M.B.A., Texas Christian University
Brad’s experience is very broad-based, and includes representation of:
- Purchaser – acquisition of major downtown hotel/retail project and conversion to condominium
- Developer/Tenant – ground lease and development of recreational facility for major public university
- Purchaser/Developer – acquisition, development and leasing of major retail shopping center
- Lender – multi-state financing transaction involving hotel, industrial, retail and office properties
- Developer – high rise assisted living and mixed use condominium project
- Landlord – leasing of Class A high rise office building
- Purchaser – multiple acquisitions of hotel properties
- Owner/Seller – sale of multi-state hotel portfolio
- Tenant/Investor – medical office building development and joint venture
- Lender – financing of 60,000 acre ranch
- Developer/Borrower – multiple build-to-suit retail projects
- Purchaser/Developer – acquisition and development of large multifamily community
- Owner/Seller – farm and ranch
- Tenant – retail lease portfolio
- Developer/Landlord – development, leasing and sale of grocery-anchored shopping center
- Investor – multiple equity investments in office, multifamily and retail projects
- Owner/Seller – management and sale of 5,000+ unit apartment community
- Tenant – corporate headquarters office lease
- Purchaser/Developer – 400 acre industrial and transportation logistics park
- Owner – condemnation of office building and parking lot
- REIT – acquisition and development of retail shopping centers in multiple states
- Owner/Seller – sale of Class A downtown high rise office building and redemption of partnership interests
- Lender – financing of mixed use development (including hotel, office, retail and residential)
- Purchaser/Developer – 4,000+ acre residential and mixed-use development
- Tenant – hospital lease and operating agreement
- Owner/Seller – large public hospital
- Lender – workout and restructure of leasehold interest in major downtown office complex
- Investor – transfer of controlling partnership interest in multifamily portfolio
- Owner – development of office, hospital and medical condominium project
- Purchaser – acquisition, development and financing of corporate headquarters facility
- Tenant – multi-office lease and sublease transactions in connection with corporation
Super Lawyers – Thomson Reuters, 2005-2010, 2013-2014
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas (former editor for the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Reporter)
- Dallas Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Dallas Real Estate Council
- Urban Land Institute
- Argyle Comprehensive Plan Committee, former Chairman
- Argyle Economic Development Corporation, Vice-Chairman
- Argyle Independent School District Board of Trustees
February 3, 2022Spotlight
We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of our friend and partner Amanda Shaw-Castro. Amanda was a rising star and leader who left behind a legacy of loyalty and kindness.
December 17, 2021Insights
Real estate in Texas’ major cities was booming in 2021. Jackson Walker has commercial real estate lawyers in all those cities, and they provide a snapshot for a few of these urban markets of what business has been and what to expect in 2022.
September 17, 2020Client Results
Jackson Walker represented the portfolio company of a Texas-based middle market private equity fund in connection with an add-on acquisition of substantially all assets from a Dallas-based company that buys, refurbishes, and re-sells used industrial chiller systems.
October 3, 2017Client Results
Jackson Walker partner Brad Lowry successfully represented Humanetics in the purchase of Mary Kay’s 420,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility at 1330 Regal Row in Dallas.
September 5, 2014Attorney News
Fifty-one Jackson Walker attorneys were selected as 2014 “Super Lawyers” by Thomson Reuters. The list will be published in the October issue of Texas Monthly magazine.
August 29, 2014Attorney News
Jackson Walker L.L.P. is pleased to welcome Brad Lowry as a partner in the Dallas office. Brad joins the firm from Haynie Rake Repass & Lowry and adds additional depth to Jackson Walker’s experienced Real Estate practice group.