Chandler Stephens is an intellectual property attorney focused on trademarks and brand protection. She enjoys managing international trademark portfolios and counseling clients on all aspects of trademark prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement. She also enjoys advising clients regarding copyrights, rights of publicity, domain names, and social media issues.
Chandler offers experienced counsel related to:
- Clearance, selection, and registration of new trademarks;
- Responding to trademark Office Actions;
- Opposition and cancellation proceedings in the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB);
- Domain name disputes under ICANN’s Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (“UDRP”);
- DMCA notice and takedown process;
- Negotiating trademark settlement and coexistence agreements;
- IP transactions, including assignment and licensing of trademarks, copyrights, and rights of publicity; and
- Due diligence in connection with IP transactions.
While in law school, Chandler worked at Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, where she assisted low-income clients with a wide variety of legal issues.
B.A., summa cum laude, Texas A&M University
J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law
- Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic
United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Intellectual Property Law, 2024
- “An Introduction to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act: What IP Practitioners Need to Know,” Dallas Bar Association (August 2023)
- “Can I #trademark this? Trademark Essentials for a Content Crazed World,” Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association (March 2022)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Texas Lawyers for Children, Education Advocate, 2017-2018
August 21, 2023Speaking Engagements
Emilio Nicolas and Chandler Stephens to Present on Digital Millennium Copyright Act at Dallas Bar Association August CLE
Emilio Nicolas and Chandler Stephens are scheduled to present “An Introduction to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act: What IP Practitioners Need to Know,” a Dallas Bar Association CLE program that discusses how key considerations in the DMCA address impact copyright litigation in the digital age.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.