Chelsea A. Mikulencak
Chelsea Mikulencak is a research attorney in the San Antonio office of Jackson Walker. She offers robust and diverse legal experience as a municipal lawyer. In this role, she advised and assisted governmental clients and elected and appointed officials on matters related to the First Amendment, local elections, Texas open records and open meeting laws, economic development, municipal development corporations, requests for proposals, labor and employment issues, regulatory compliance, and pre-litigation support.
Chelsea’s municipal law experience spans multiple areas of local, state, and federal law, and required her to acquire in-depth knowledge of city and state government formation, elections, boards and commissions, local economic development, and municipal debt and finance instruments and legal issues.
Chelsea is a dedicated public servant and active volunteer. She currently serves as one of two of the San Antonio-area directors on the board of the Texas Young Lawyers Association, and was appointed to the Texas Bar Journal Board of Editors in 2021 for a three-year term. She has written and presented numerous CLEs and most recently published an article entitled “Government Law” in the January 2022 issue of the Texas Bar Journal.
B.A., The University of Texas at Austin
M.A., summa cum laude, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
J.D., Texas A&M University School of Law
- Texas A&M Law Review, Staff Member and Executive Editor
- American Constitution Society, Vice President and Board Member at Large
- Phi Delta Phi
U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Northern Districts of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” list, San Antonio Scene, 2022
- “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law” list, San Antonio Scene, 2022
- Outstanding First-Year Director (2020-2021), Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2021
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society – Elliott Inn
- Co-Author, “Government Law – 2022 The Year in Review,” Texas Bar Journal (forthcoming in 2023)
- Panelist, City Attorneys and Municipal Law (Podcast), TYLA’s Practice Areas: 101 (August 2021)
- Presenter, Social Media and 1st Amendment Issues, TexasBarCLE 34th Annual Advanced Government Law Course (July 2022)
- Author, “Government Law – 2021 The Year in Review,” Texas Bar Journal (2022)
- Co-Author & Co-Presenter, “The New Town Square: Is F.I.R.S.T. the New Public Forum?” TexasBarCLE’s Government Law 101 Seminar (2021)
- Author & Presenter, “Government Employee Speech and the First Amendment,” City of San Antonio’s City Attorney’s Office (2020)
- Author & Presenter, “Hear Me Roar: Amplifying Free Speech through Local Ordinance” City of Irving Code Summit (2018)
- Author, “ABA Parental Leave Policy Recommendation,” American Bar Association (2018)
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, 2019-Present
- Secretary, 2023-2024
- Secretary-Elect, 2022-2023
- Chair, Social Media + Website Committee; Co-Chair, CLE Committee, 2022-2023
- TYLA Liaison, 2021-2022
- Texas Bar Journal, Board of Editors, 2020-Present
- Editor, 2021-2024 (Appointed by State Bar President Sylvia Borunda Firth)
- Chair, Readership Survey Committee, 2022-2023
- Member, 2020-2021
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2020-2022
- Director, District 18, Place 2, 2020-2022
- Co-Chair, Local Affiliates Committee, 2021-2022
- Co-Chair, Online Member Services Committee, 2021-2022
- Member, Attorney Wellness Retreat Committee
- State Bar of Texas – Government Law Section, Council Member (Place 11), 2020-Present
- Texas Bar College Member, 2020-Present
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow, 2020
- LeadershipSBOT, Class of 2020
- City of San Antonio’s Women’s Leadership Mentoring Program, Class of 2019
- City of San Antonio’s Citywide Equity Committee, Member, 2019-2021
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Fellow, 2023
- Member, 2016-Present
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association, Member, 2022-Present
April 24, 2023Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – April 2023
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
December 9, 2022Attorney News
Chelsea Mikulencak Accepted Into Bexar County Women’s Bar LEAD Academy
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce and congratulate Chelsea Mikulencak on her acceptance into the Bexar County Women’s Bar LEAD Academy. Founded in 2014, the LEAD Academy was designed to help talented women excel in their practice and keep them engaged in the legal profession.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – November 2022
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
September 6, 2022Attorney News
‘Scene in S.A.’ Recognizes Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” List
Jackson Walker congratulates the 42 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list.
August 1, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – August 2022
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – April 2022
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
April 14, 2022Attorney News
‘Scene in S.A.’ Recognizes 13 Jackson Walker Attorneys Among “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law”
Jackson Walker proudly congratulates the 13 women attorneys who have been named to Scene in S.A.’s survey of the “Outstanding Women in Law” for 2022.