Claire N. Raggio
Claire N. Raggio offers a creative and personal approach to trusts and estate planning aimed at preserving wealth and transferring assets among generations. For almost 20 years, her practice has been devoted to advising high-net-worth individuals and families, while building strong, long-term working relationships with her clients and their professional advisors. Through the design and implementation of wills, trusts, and related entity structures, Claire helps clients transfer their wealth in furtherance of their personal goals while also minimizing their estate and gift tax exposure.
Claire also represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries of estates and trusts with a wide range of probate, trust, and estate administration needs. In particular, probate and estate administration can be an emotional and stressful process, through which she strives to help families navigate in a compassionate and efficient manner.
Claire serves as chair of the firm’s Trusts & Estates group in Dallas.
B.B.A., magna cum laude, with Honors in Business, Southern Methodist University
M.S., Accounting, Southern Methodist University
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
Certified Public Accountant
- Estate Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Probate and Estate Administration
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas,” Tax: Trusts and Estates, D Magazine, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2022
- “Best Women Lawyers in Dallas,” Tax: Trusts and Estates, D Magazine, 2010
- Texas Rising Star: Estate Planning and Probate, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (Under Age 40) by Thomson Reuters, 2007-2011, 2014-2017
- Dallas Estate Planning Council
- Board of Governors, 2021-23
- The Dallas Foundation, Advisory Council, 2022-23
- Dallas Bar Association – Probate, Trust and Estates Section
- Section Council, 2018-2020
- North Texas Estate Planning Council
- Texas Bar College of the State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas – Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Friends of Center for BrainHealth, The University of Texas at Dallas, 2016-2023
- Scientist Selection Committee, 2017-2018
- Annual Fund Committee of the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas, 2021-2022
- Trains at NorthPark benefitting the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas
- Rail Car Sales Committee, 2009-2020
- Sponsor Party Co-Chair, 2014
- Trains at NorthPark Event Co-Chair, 2013
- Dallas CASA Children’s Council, 2018-2019
- Equest Women’s Auxiliary, Luncheon Raffle Co-Chair, 2016
December 27, 2022Attorney News
Sabina Bramlett Joins Jackson Walker’s Trusts & Estates Practice in Dallas
Jackson Walker proudly announces the addition of Sabina Bramlett as a partner in the Dallas Trusts & Estates practice. Board certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, Sabina focuses on estate planning, probate, and transactional business planning.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – November 2022
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 1, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – August 2022
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
April 25, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates 21 Attorneys Named Among 2022 “Best Lawyers in Dallas” List
Jackson Walker congratulates the 21 attorneys recognized among D Magazine’s list of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2022. For recognition in the list, Dallas attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer unmatched counsel in one of 40 categories.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – October 2021
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
September 1, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker Welcomes Claire Raggio and Brian Merkley to Dallas Wealth Planning Group
Jackson Walker proudly welcomes Claire N. Raggio and Brian Merkley to the Dallas office. Claire joins the Firm as a partner and the chair of the Dallas Wealth Planning group, and Brian joins as senior counsel.