Colin L. Murchison
Colin focuses his practice on probate; probate litigation; guardianships; estate planning and tax, with particular emphasis on the taxation of individuals, estates and trusts. He is also an experienced probate litigator representing clients in connection with will and trust contests and guardianship disputes. In addition to being Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, he is certified by the State Bar of Texas as an Attorney Ad Litem and a Guardian Ad Litem.
Colin is the Hiring Partner in the Fort Worth office of Jackson Walker.
B.S., Texas Tech University
J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law
Institute on World Legal Problems, University of Innsbruck, Austria
LL.M., Sturm College of Law
- Graduate Tax Program
Estate Planning and Probate Law
- “Top Attorneys” List, 360 West, 2018
- Wills, Trusts, Estates, Probates
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2016
- Forty Under Forty, 2008
- Super Lawyer – Rising Star, Thompson Reuters, 2014-2015
“Kiddie Tax Broadened to Apply to 18 Year Olds and to Full-Time Students Under the Age of 24,” Jackson Walker’s Wealth Planning e-Alert (June 2007)
“Understanding Tax Procedures to Avoid Problems Later,” National Business Institute Estate Administration Procedure: Why Each Step Is Important (March 2008)
“Foundations of Estate Administration Defined,” National Business Institute: Institute for Paralegal Education (2009)
“Prepping to Begin the Administration Process,” National Business Institute: Institute for Paralegal Education (2009)
“Considerations for Collecting the Assets, Preparing the Inventory and Handling Claims Against the Estate,” National Business Institute: Institute for Paralegal Education (2009)
“New Opportunities to Convert a Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA,” Jackson Walker’s Wealth Planning e-Alert (September 2009)
- Member, Estate Planning and Probate Law Advisory Commission, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Speaker for several National Business Institute seminars on Estate Administration Procedures.
- Panelist for the Estate Planning and Probate 101 Course – State Bar of Texas, 2012