Colton Tobias is an attorney in the litigation practice of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Colton served as a law clerk to Judge Michael J. Truncale in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas. He also previously served as a summer associate for an AmLaw 50 firm, where he prepared client memoranda and drafted motions, responses, and requests for production.
While at the University of Houston Law Center, Colton was a student member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, and he participated in the individual mentoring program of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.
B.S., summa cum laude, Texas A&M University
- Class Secretary, 2015
- Henry Ross Scholastic Achievement Award, 2017
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
- Order of The Barons Honor Society
- Houston Business and Tax Law Journal, Notes & Comments Editor
United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Order of the Barons Honor Society, Member, University of Houston Law Center
- 2019 Institute for Energy Law Hartrick Writing Scholar Finalist, University of Houston Law Center
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2021
- Texas Bar College
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Lifetime Member