Courtney J. White
Courtney White is a research attorney in Jackson Walker’s Dallas office where she leverages her knowledge as a former litigator, e-discovery professional, and real estate attorney.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Courtney’s experience included managing due diligence and E-discovery review teams and providing first level quality control review in connection with large scale due diligence and E-discovery projects. Most notably, she managed an off-site team of 30 people in a major construction defect lawsuit pertaining to design and development issues of a high-rise condominium building. Additionally, her experience includes E-discovery related to insurance litigation, contract disputes and whistleblower litigation.
Committed to her community, Courtney provides pro bono services for the Promise of Justice Initiative.
In addition, Courtney participated in the Goldman Sachs Diverse Secondee Program and also serves as co-chair of Jackson Walker’s Cultural Awareness and Human Resources Committee that works to support the firm’s diverse employees.
B.S., Texas A&M University
J.D., Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- Gold Pro Bono Award
- Certified Texas Mediator
- Diversity and Inclusion Certification, Cornell University
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate, University of South Florida Office of Corporate Training and Professional Education
- Inclusive and Ethical Leadership Certificate, USF Office of Corporate Training and Professional Education
- “Top 100” List, The National Black Lawyers, 2020
- “Call to Action: Maternal Health and Saving Mothers: A Policy Statement From the American Heart Association,” Circulation (September 2021)
- “Nonprofit Advocacy at the American Heart Association: Creating a Visionary Way Forward at Our 40th Anniversary: An American Heart Association Policy Statement,” Circulation (April 2021)
- “The Journey of Diversity: A Family Story,” The Texas Lawbook (February 2021)
- Texas Bar College, Member
- American Heart Association National Advocacy Coordinating Committee Member, 2017-Present
- Young at Heart Young Professionals, Co-Chairwoman of the 2019 Houston Heart Ball Young at Heart After Party, 2018-2019
- The Ivy Educational and Charitable Foundation of Houston, Inc., Scholarship Fashion Show and Luncheon Corporate Sponsorship Chair, 2016-2018
- United Way Project Blueprint Class XXXVI
March 15, 2023Podcast: Future-Ready Business
Next in Fashion: Influencers, IP, and Sustainability
Outside of Jackson Walker, William Nilson runs a bespoke clothing consultancy, and Courtney White reaches the masses through her Courthouse Couture blog and social media. In this episode of FRB, Erin and Art engage in a conversation with William and Courtney about fashion and the intersection of art and business.
December 21, 2022Podcasts
A Very Special “Favorite Things” Episode
JW Fast Takes Podcast | ~2 minutes
This special holiday episode features first-year associates Caroline Capili, Shayan Gaziani, Alex Leseney, and Shannon Wright as they share their favorite things about the practice of law – and Jackson Walker.
November 17, 2022Podcasts
Elevating Jackson Walker’s Commitment to DEI
JW Fast Takes Podcast | ~14 minutes
After a yearlong journey participating in the Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification process, Jackson Walker achieved not only certification, but 5.0 Certification Plus status. Suzan Kedron, chair of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, and Chad Cole, Social Impact and Sustainability Manager, joined the Fast Takes podcast to discuss the Mansfield 5.0 program and the firm’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – April 2022
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – October 2021
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
February 12, 2021Spotlight
Courtney White Shares Her Family’s Story With ‘The Texas Lawbook’ in Honor of Black History Month
In honor of Black History Month, Jackson Walker attorney Courtney White shared her family’s story in The Texas Lawbook.
February 11, 2021Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – February 2021
View Jackson Walker’s February 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
June 30, 2020Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – June 2020
Explore the accomplishments of our diverse attorneys and their involvement within our communities during the first half of 2020.
April 17, 2020Attorney News
Dawn Holiday and Courtney White Named Among Top 100 Black Lawyers in Texas
Dawn S. Holiday and Courtney J. White have been selected for inclusion in The National Black Lawyers’ list of the top 100 black attorneys in Texas who “promote diversity and equality in the legal system.”