David W. Parker
David Parker is an attorney in the real estate practice group of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. He represents clients across the United States and abroad, and focuses his practice on all facets of real estate, including leasing, acquisition, disposition, construction, financing and joint ventures. His experience spans various industries, including retail, office, industrial, multi-family and affordable housing, energy and oilfield services, healthcare, and food and beverage.
David’s clients include national and international companies, partnerships, private equity firms, real estate investment trusts, individuals, and trusts and estates.
David routinely represents clients in ground-up commercial developments, including acquisition, financing, joint ventures and construction. His expertise in this area includes the negotiation and drafting of development agreements, restrictive covenants, easements, cross-access and utility rights, and other title instruments related to development projects. He also counsels clients in the negotiation of economic incentive agreements related to corporate development and relocation.
David also has deep experience with the acquisition, disposition and leasing of property portfolios, as well as, the development, acquisition and disposition of multi-family and industrial projects throughout the U.S.
In addition, David has worked with national and regional landlords and tenants in the leasing of millions of square feet of office, retail and industrial space, the leasing of land and improvements through ground leases and build-to-suit leases, and the leasing of property for cell tower construction and operation.
B.B.A., cum laude, Texas Tech University
J.D., University of Houston Law Center
- Represented an industry-leader in the sale of a portfolio of 130 affordable multi-family projects nationally
- Represented a national investment brokerage firm in the sale of a ground leased office building in downtown San Francisco, and simultaneous lease back of office space
- Represents several Fortune 500 energy and oilfield services companies in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of real property assets
- Represents a development company in the development, leasing and disposition of mixed-use developments
- Represents a development company in the acquisition, development and ground leasing of sites for national and regional restaurants and retailers
- Represented a restaurant franchisee in the disposition of stores across Texas
- Represented several companies in the acquisition of property for a corporate campus, including a Fortune 500 oil company
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2022-2024
- Urban Land Institute, Capital Markets Committee Member
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
January 28, 2020Attorney News
Jackson Walker Expands Real Estate and Transactional Practices With Addition of Joe Flack, David Parker, John Wittenberg, and Dana Murphy
During the month of January, Jackson Walker proudly welcomed Joe Flack, David Parker, and John Wittenberg as partners in the Houston and San Antonio offices. In addition, the Firm added Dana Murphy as senior counsel in the Dallas office.