David M. Robins
David Robins is a commercial real estate and finance attorney who focuses his practice on negotiating the best possible outcome for his clients in all transactions. He brings numerous years of experience to the negotiating table and works at all times to find practical solutions so that transactions can be completed timely and at reasonable costs to the client. David strives to keep his clients informed of legal developments that may affect their business.
B.A., Texas Tech University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
Commercial Real Estate Law
Lending, Workouts, and Defaults
- Representation of domestic and foreign banks and insurance companies in their lending, foreclosure, work-out, disposition, and investment activities; commercial lending and project finance; commercial real estate construction and permanent lending; and loan portfolio acquisitions and dispositions
- Representation of lead lender and agent in assumption, pay down, and modification of syndicated $72,000,000 apartment loan
- Representation of lead lender in assumption, pay down, and modification of $77,000,000 Texas shopping center construction loan
- Representation of lead lender and agent in syndicated $78,000,000 central Texas shopping center construction loan
- Representation of lead lender and agent in syndicated $109,000,000 Florida apartment construction loan
- Representation of lenders in connection with hundreds of millions of defaulted loans secured by commercial real estate of all types, including forbearance agreements, modifications, foreclosures, bankruptcy, and disposition of lender acquired properties
Commercial Real Estate
- All types of commercial real estate transactions: office buildings, shopping centers, industrial buildings and warehouses, land development, residential development, apartments, and condos, including multi-state, multi-property transactions, for private and publicly held companies, REITs, and individuals
- Representation of purchaser in acquisition of $13,000,000 shopping center in Austin, Texas
- Representation of developer of a high-rise office building in Luanda, Angola (Africa)
- Representation of office building owner in disposition of multiple office building portfolio in Houston, Texas
Natural Resources/ Water Law
- Representation of timber company in multiple acquisitions of timber lands in East Texas
- Developing practice in Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) lending
- Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1985-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2009-2024
- Texas Super Lawyer – Real Estate, Business/Corporate, and Securities & Corporate Finance, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2004, 2010-2020
- “Top Lawyers” List, H Texas magazine, 2013, 2015
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas College of Real Estate Attorneys
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow Member
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
October 19, 2020Attorney News
Spanning five offices, 19 practice areas, and experience ranging from 12 to 52 years, Jackson Walker’s 2020 “Texas Super Lawyers” have been nominated by peers within and outside the Firm.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
September 4, 2019Attorney News
Each year, less than 5% of attorneys in Texas are named to the list. Selection is based off of peer nominations that are then reviewed by a research team.
August 14, 2019Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 109 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2020 Edition, With Eight Named “Lawyers of the Year”
Jackson Walker congratulates our 109 attorneys named to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America 2020 list, including eight attorneys who were named “Lawyers of the Year.”
September 6, 2018Attorney News
Thomson Reuters has named 56 Jackson Walker attorneys to its 2018 ‘Texas Super Lawyers’ list.
August 16, 2018Attorney News
Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas. For over three decades, recognition in Best Lawyers has been regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, since an attorney cannot pay to be listed.
September 6, 2017Attorney News
Thomson Reuters has named 53 Jackson Walker attorneys to its 2017 ‘Texas Super Lawyers’ list. According to Thomson Reuters, the list recognizes a “credible, comprehensive and diverse” selection of “outstanding attorneys,” and serves as a resource for those in search of legal counsel.