Devanshi Somaya is an associate in the Litigation section of Jackson Walker’s Dallas office. Devanshi has experience handling a variety of litigation matters including contract disputes, personal injury claims, commercial lease disputes, media law, trademark and copyright infringement claims, and business tort actions involving negligence, fraud, theft of trade secrets, and breach of fiduciary duty. Devanshi also has experience representing broker-dealers in FINRA arbitrations.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Devanshi was an extern for Justice Lang-Miers of the 5th Court of Appeals. She also served as a legal research, writing & advocacy teaching assistant for two years, a torts tutor in the Academic Skills Assistance Program, and a Student Bar Association mentor.
B.S., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law
- Articles Editor, SMU Law Review Association, 2015-2016
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Dallas Asian-American Bar Association Student Scholarship Recipient, 2014
- Nominated for best brief – 1L legal research, writing & advocacy competition, 2012
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Equal Access to Justice Committee, Co-Chair, 2018
Contributor, “Episode 16: Devanshi Somaya, Litigation Associate at Jackson Walker,” Women in Law On the Record Podcast, womeninlawotr.com, January 2019