Elizabeth Carol Freeman
Elizabeth Carol Freeman is a partner in the bankruptcy litigation, restructuring, reorganization, and workouts practice of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. With over 20 years of experience with out-of-court workouts and complex bankruptcy and reorganization matters, Liz assists clients with workouts of distressed loans, including the negotiation of amend and extend agreements.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Liz served for six years as law clerk to Judge David R. Jones, Chief Bankruptcy Judge for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas. She is Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
B.A., University of Missouri
J.D., Baylor University Law School
Texas State District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
Texas State Bankruptcy Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- “Top Lawyer” in Best of Houstonia, Houstonia Magazine, 2019
- “Rising Star”, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2004-2011
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2019
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Member of the Southern District of Texas Complex Case Committee
- Chair for the Southern District of Texas Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020
“Corporate Bankruptcies: ‘Calm before the Storm’ in TX,” The Texas Lawbook (Aug. 14, 2019)