Erin Camp is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of Jackson Walker’s San Antonio office and assists clients with strategic transactions that generate business growth, whether that growth is through acquisition, joint venture, investment (including venture capital) or other strategic transaction. Her practice focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and securities, including, in particular, any strategic transaction related to her practice areas that also involves highly-regulated industries such as healthcare and food & beverage.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Erin practiced at a national law firm, managing complex transactions where she regularly managed large deal teams. She also previously served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Orlando Garcia in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas and as a privacy and compliance intern at a health care network serving West Texas and Eastern New Mexico.
B.A., Trinity University
- Pi Sigma Alpha
J.D., magna cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Texas Tech Law Review, Articles Editor and Adjunct Business Manager
- Health Law Association, Treasurer
- Phi Delta Phi
Mergers, Acquisitions & Dispositions
General (Non-industry Specific)
- Represented a large, state university system in the acquisition of a local, four year, accredited visual arts school.
- Represented a global private investment firm in its acquisition of a recycling company.
- Represented a technology company that specializes in cloud-based transformations, migrations and managed services in connection with its sale to a leading information technology services firm.
- Represented an Italian company in the sale of an international clothing brand to a New York private equity firm.
- Represented a leading provider of managed hosting and private cloud solutions in its acquisition of an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network Premier Consulting Partner and AWS Managed Service Provider for approximately $300 million in consideration.
- Represented a distressed publicly traded company in a reverse stock split and subsequent merger.
- Represented a publicly traded company in an all-cash going private sale to a Swedish company.
- Represented a leading recycler of catalytic converters in the sale of a majority of its equity to a Polish private investment firm.
- Represented a leading provider of managed hosting and private cloud solutions in connection with its acquisition of a managed services, managed hosting and colocation provider for approximately $70 million in consideration.
Healthcare, Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Industry
- Represented an international pharmaceutical manufacturer in various acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represented a large, Michigan based hospital system in the acquisition of another hospital system based in Michigan.
- Represented a multi-specialty physician group located in Texas in the sale of its business to one of the world’s largest healthcare services companies for approximately $2B.
- Represented various dental services organizations, MSOs, large practice groups, dentists, physicians and other health care providers in various corporate and regulatory matters, including the purchase and sale of companies and assets and the formation of regulatory compliant physician practice management structures.
- Represented an international medical device company in connection with various acquisitions, dispositions and corporate reorganizations, including the purchase of substantially all of the assets of one of its distributors.
- Represented an international medical device and manufacturing company in the sale of its business to a global medical device company with a combined enterprise value of over $6B.
Food, Beverage and Alcohol Industry
- Represented a leading alcoholic beverage wholesale distributor in its acquisition via joint venture of a controlling interest in another leading alcoholic beverage wholesale distributor with a combined enterprise value of over $11B.
- Represented a large alcohol distribution company in the acquisition of several independent alcohol supplier and distributor companies, ranging from approximately $3 million to approximately $20 million consideration.
- Represented a cold storage warehousing and transportation company in a stock sale and plan of merger with an enterprise value of approximately $225 million, making it the fifth largest cold storage warehouse in the United States.
- Represented a multi-concept operator in various acquisitions of privately owned restaurant chains, ranging from approximately $20 million to $150 million.
Other General Experience
- Represented a NASDAQ-listed and publicly traded multi-bank financial holding company in a number of general securities filings and financing transactions, which included Rule 144A/Reg S offerings of common and preferred stock.
- Regularly assists several clients with the preparation and filing of SEC reports and related filings, including (but not limited to) annual and quarterly reports.
- Regularly assists various clients, including startup companies and real estate investment firms, with exempt offerings, investment transactions and general fund formation. Several of these investment transactions have involved cross-border investments and international investors.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), 2023
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- “Best S.A. Lawyers,” San Antonio Scene, 2022
- “Rising Star Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2021-2022
- Business & Corporate
- Corporate and Securities Law
- “Top Attorney” in Securities Law, San Antonio Magazine, 2020-2021
- “Top Attorney” in Corporate Finance Mergers and Acquisitions, San Antonio Magazine, 2019
- Association of Corporate Growth
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- San Antonio Women’s Bar Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- Saint City Culinary Foundation, Board Member, 2019-Present
- Haven for Hope, Volunteer, 2016-Present
- Girl Scouts of America, Troup Leader, 2021-Present
- Artpace San Antonio, 2016-Present
- San Antonio Museum of Art, 2016-Present
- The Tobin Center Ghost Light Society, 2016-Present
- Junior League of San Antonio, 2016-2019
January 18, 2023Podcast: Future-Ready Business
Following the pandemic, many industries have experienced major shifts in the way that they do business. In the forefront is the healthcare industry, which was forced by the pandemic to consider the benefits of value-based healthcare, as opposed to more traditional fee-for-service models, when the world shut down. On this episode of FRB, Erin Camp and Art Cavazos discuss with Dr. Lane Aiena what exactly value-based care is and how the business landscape in the healthcare industry is changing.
33~ minutes | JW Future-Ready Business Podcast
December 14, 2022Podcast: Future-Ready Business
Despite recent setbacks and scandals, cryptocurrency and other blockchain technologies are increasingly being utilized in the finance and corporate world. However, transitioning to legitimacy also means regulation, which raises new questions about how cryptocurrencies will be treated by government agencies such as the CFTC and the SEC.
~28 minutes | JW Future Ready Business Podcast
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 16, 2022Podcast: Future-Ready Business
What are the rights and responsibilities of corporations and other types of companies? It’s a question that has been asked since corporations were first created, and the answer has changed over time. On this episode of FRB, hosts Erin Camp and Art Cavazos discuss with tech CEO and co-founder Yousef Kassim the ever-evolving field of corporate responsibility.
~43 minutes | JW Future-Ready Business Podcast
November 2, 2022Podcast: Future-Ready Business
When talking about business innovation, startup companies are so fundamental that it’s a topic we’ll return to from time to time on FRB as part of our series on startups. For now, we’ll begin at the beginning and discuss what a startup is, the startup ecosystem, startup culture, and how all of that has changed over time.
~25 minutes | JW Future-Ready Business Podcast
October 27, 2022Podcast: Future-Ready Business
Art Cavazos and Erin Camp are two business lawyers with a simple question: what do today’s businesses and communities need from tomorrow’s business and community leaders? Tune in as they discuss emerging topics that are quickly affecting everyone, like AI, automation and advanced robotics, cryptocurrency and blockchain, the metaverse, and the continually evolving tech startup scene.
September 6, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 42 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 1, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.