Garrett D. Lessman
Garrett Lessman is an associate in the Tax Transactional, M&A, and Wealth Planning Advisory Group of Jackson Walker’s Dallas office. His practice focuses on the tax aspects of domestic and international transactions and extends to trust and estate planning strategies, general corporate matters, and nonprofit entities.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Garrett practiced at an Oklahoma law firm, where he handled a wide range of tax, estate planning, and corporate matters.
B.B.A., Baylor University
- National Merit Scholar
J.D., Boston University School of Law
- Edward F. Hennessey Distinguished Scholar
LL.M., Taxation, Boston University School of Law
- Corporate, partnership and self-employment tax issues
- State tax credits
- Opportunity zone investments
- International tax withholding mechanics
- Negotiating and drafting M&A agreements
- International distribution agreements
Wealth Planning Experience
- Business succession and wealth planning
- Preparation of wills, trust agreements and incapacity planning documents
- Probate of estates
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), 2024
- Tax Law, 2024
- Trusts and Estates, 2024
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.