Gary Yevelev is a litigation attorney in Jackson Walker’s Houston office whose practice focuses on commercial and bankruptcy litigation. Gary complements his advocacy with a thoughtful approach to litigation management, drawing on his experience as a database administrator to maximize efficiency for the firm’s clients. During law school, he honed his courtroom skills through involvement with indigent criminal defense and bankruptcy moot court.
Gary previously served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Lee Yeakel of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, a role in which he observed trial and court proceedings, helped craft jury instructions, and assisted the court with ruling on dispositive motions.
Gary was a Summer Associate with Jackson Walker in 2016 and 2017.
B..A., with high honors, University of California, Berkeley
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
- Texas Law Review, Associate Notes Editor
- Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition
- Finalist and Outstanding Brief Award, 2018
- Outstanding Brief Award, 2017
- Award of Excellence in Appellate Advocacy, State Bar of Texas, 2018
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas Appellate Section, 2018 Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy
Author, “Supreme Court of Texas Emergency Order Regarding Actions to Collect Consumer Debt,” Jackson Walker Insights (April 2020)