Genevieve M. Graham
Genevieve “Gen” Graham is an attorney in the Bankruptcy, Restructuring, & Recovery group at Jackson Walker in Houston, where she is involved in all aspects of commercial bankruptcy cases, representing debtors and creditors in small business and complex commercial reorganizations and liquidations. She has experience across many industries, including energy, financial services, and healthcare.
Gen has represented chapter 11 energy and healthcare debtors along with secured lenders seeking relief from the automatic stay. She has also prosecuted and defended fraudulent transfer and preference actions filed by chapter 7 and post-confirmation trustees. She has served as the lead attorney on bankruptcy litigation matters, including multiple evidentiary hearings and bench trials involving valuation, contested claims objections, and other contested motions.
After law school, Gen served on Capitol Hill as a legislative staffer, focusing on issues including the economy, budget, taxes, and the judiciary.
B.B.A., University of Nebraska, Lincoln
J.D., cum laude, University of New Mexico School of Law
United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Represents Chapter 11 debtor in possession of a sixth-generation, ultra-deepwater semi-submersible drilling rig. Through its chapter 11 case, the company intends to address operational issues and sell or equitize the semi-submersible to satisfy its guaranty of nearly $950 million of secured bonds.
- Represents manufacturer in its chapter 11 case to address products liability claims and an FDA recall arising from distribution of faulty hand sanitizer and related products and to wind up the business.
- Represented a retailer in obtaining approval of a prepackaged reorganization plan within 24 hours of filing its Chapter 11 cases, setting a national record for the fastest-ever prepackaged case from filing to emergence. As a result of the restructuring, the retailer eliminated $450 million of debt, received $225 million of new capital for growth initiatives, and was able to maintain all 291 of its store locations across 16 states.
- Represented a healthcare company through a Chapter 11 363 sale process and plan confirmation
- Represented oil and gas seismic services provider through a Chapter 11 363 sale process and plan confirmation
- Represented full-service provider to offshore energy sector during Chapter 11 363 sale process
- Represented post-confirmation Chapter 11 trustee in multiple preference and fraudulent transfer adversaries
- Represented post-confirmation liquidating trustee, successfully prosecuting multiple claims objections
- Represented a Chapter 7 trustee in multiple fraudulent transfer adversaries, successfully defending against motion to dismiss
- Represented secured lender in small business Chapter 11 proceeding and successfully prosecuted motion for relief from stay
- Litigated multiple requests for temporary restraining orders and requests for permanent injunctions in adversary proceedings
- Prosecuted and defended multiple adversaries against individual and corporate parties
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), 2021-2024
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2021-2024
- Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2024
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2018-2023
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Events Chair
- Houston Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, Member
- Houston Bar Association LGBTQ+ Committee, Founding Member
- National LGBT Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas Young Lawyers Committee, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
August 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 4, 2023Mentions
The American Lawyer: Jackson Walker is Nation’s Top Local Counsel in Large Bankruptcies, as Bankruptcy and Restructuring Filings Rebound
The American Lawyer cited new research which named Jackson Walker’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring, & Recovery group as the top local debtor’s counsel in the nation so far this year.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 23, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 63 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2023 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
February 13, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 16 attorneys to the firm’s partnership, marking our largest number of partnership promotions to date.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.