Genevieve D. Tarlton
Genevieve Tarlton is an attorney in the Wealth Planning practice group of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. She assists clients in devising estate planning, asset protection, and tax planning strategies to meet their specific needs and goals.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Genevieve practiced at a boutique estate planning and probate law firm in Houston, where she handled various estate planning, business planning, probate, and trust administration matters. While in law school, she served as an intern to Judge Guy Herman of the Travis County Probate Court.
B.A., Rice University
J.D., University of Texas at Austin
- Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law, Symposium Director
Genevieve’s practice experience includes many aspects of wealth planning and estate administration, including but not limited to:
- Estate and business succession planning
- Preparation of wills, incapacity planning documents, trust agreements, family settlement agreements, and premarital property agreements
- Planning to minimize gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer taxes
- Estate and trust administration
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association – Probate, Trusts & Estates Section
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association