Glen M. Boudreaux
Glen Boudreaux has a 30+ year history of representing clients in complex commercial litigation, product liability and toxic tort matters in the federal and/or state courts of Houston, Galveston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Corpus Christi, Bay City, Brazoria, Richmond, Anahuac, Beeville, Midland, Odessa, El Paso, McAllen, Brownsville, Alice, Marshall, Tyler and Texarkana. Additionally, Glen has assumed lead or co-lead counsel in matters in the states of California, Arizona, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana, Delaware, New York and New Jersey. He has also represented clients in investigations by the Attorneys General of Texas, Arizona, California, Minnesota, New York and Iowa, among others, and has guided clients through federal anti-trust grand jury, Securities Exchange Commission and FBI investigations.
Mr. Boudreaux has served as an Adjunct Professor of Civil Trial and Appellate Procedure at the University of Houston Law Center and is a frequent lecturer on trial strategy, deposition practice, and various areas of substantive law. He has been recognized for his work in The American Lawyer, the National Law Journal, and the Association of Corporate Counsel. Mr. Boudreaux has been named a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters and is listed in The Best Lawyers in America.
A few examples of Mr. Boudreaux’s varied practice include:
- In the toxic tort arena, Glen has defended against individual as well as mass tort claims including claims implicating benzene, mercury, hydrogen sulfide and asbestos. In a case brought by 100s of former employees of a refinery in Tyler, he was able to disqualify the plaintiffs’ expert witness on the issue of his client’s culpability, leading to a dismissal of the client from the case.
- Acting as lead outside counsel to a consumer lending institution in the successful negotiation of lender liability charges brought by the Attorneys General of 48 states and establishing a best industry practices protocol for the consumer finance industry.
- Successfully defending predatory lending charges brought in a coordinated effort by the Attorneys General of two western states, achieving a prejudicial dismissal in one, and trying the second through a six-week trial to a take nothing judgment, and establishing the applicability of the doctrine of federal preemption to attempts by states to regulate national banks, while defeating certification of a putative class action in District Court.
- Acting as lead counsel in the defense of a shareholder action brought by a spin-off company against its former holding company brought in Texas and Delaware. After successfully enjoining the litigation in Texas, the case was brought to successful resolution under more favorable precedents in the Courts of Delaware.
- Representing commercial as well as consumer lenders against charges brought by the Texas Office of Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, resulting in a no charge finding or a satisfactory resolution of same.
- Supervising the successful defense of hundreds of lender liability cases brought under various federal and state statutes.
- Extricating a chief executive of a major energy company from all civil and criminal responsibility after five years of civil class action litigation and DOJ investigations.
- Successfully guiding a chief financial officer through an SEC fraud investigation to a no charge conclusion.
B.S., University of Houston
J.D., University of Houston Law Center
- Freshman Moot Court Champion, 1973
- Mock Trial Champion, 1974
- Regional Mock Trial Competition – Final Round, 1975
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal and Fifth Circuits
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Commercial Litigation, 2010-2020
- Litigation – Banking & Finance, 2012–2020
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2012-2013, 2016-2018
- The American Lawyer
- National Law Journal
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Litigation section
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- United Cerebral Palsy, Board of Directors
- Strake Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Board of Directors
- Recipes For Success, Board of Directors
- Houston Farmers Markets, Chairman of the Board