James Miers is a partner in the Jackson Walker’s Real Estate practice group. He primarily represents clients in connection with the acquisition or disposition of real property, the development or redevelopment of property for all potential uses, and leasing all types of developed property. James’ practice allows him to work with clients ranging from individuals involved in their first commercial real estate transaction to national developers. James helps his clients by finding solutions rather than focusing on problems.
B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 2010
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Recipient, College Scholar Award
J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (2013)
- Interned for Judge Jane J. Boyle, United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Interned for Justice Molly Francis, Court of Appeals for the 5th District of Texas
- Senior Case Note and Comments Editor, International Law Review Association
- Vice President, Student Bar Association
- Law School Representative, SMU Student Senate
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Associate Member, Mac Taylor Inn of Court
- Member, The Real Estate Council
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
February 11, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Announces Largest Class of Newly Elected Partners to Date
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 14 attorneys to the Firm’s partnership on Friday, February 11, 2022. In addition to electing 14 new partners, the Firm also congratulates Bart Cicuto, Noah Speck, and Austin Thomas on their promotion from associates to senior counsel.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.