Jeffrey R. Gilmore
Jeff Gilmore is an associate in Jackson Walker’s Fort Worth office. Jeff represents a variety of clients, particularly those in the aerospace and energy spheres. Jeff also serves as the live TV host for the only private aircraft auction in the world, which is presented each quarter by his client Assent Aeronautics.
While Jeff’s practice focuses on aerospace and energy litigation, he has also represented banks, entrepreneurs, religious institutions, railroads, and small businesses. Jeff has experience in complex product liability cases, multi-district royalty litigation, fiduciary litigation, probate matters, power-of-attorney disputes, trade secret litigation, and the arbitration of a business divorce.
Prior to his legal career, Jeff earned MVP honors on Stanford’s baseball team. Drafted by the Seattle Mariners as a right-handed pitcher out of Stanford, Jeff pitched in the farm systems of the Mariners, the Blue Jays, and the Rockies. During each minor league off-season, Jeff worked in corporate finance as an analyst for Cisco Systems in the Bay Area.
Licensed to fly since age 18, Jeff is an active pilot who holds multiple pilot ratings. Jeff has amassed flight time in nearly twenty different aircraft, ranging from a Piper Super Cub floatplane to a Citation CJ2 business jet. Jeff trains annually alongside Southwest Airlines pilots at their Love Field simulator facility.
B.A., Stanford University
J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
US District Court for the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Defense of aerospace manufacturers in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Defense of oil and gas producers in royalty litigation
- Prosecution of oil and gas producers in title and trespass disputes
- Prosecution of tortious damages resulting from the fraudulent inducement of an oil and gas deal
- Prosecution of fiduciary litigation for beneficiaries
- Defense of financial institutions in fiduciary litigation
- Defense of religious institutions
- Defense of web-based businesses in a misappropriation of trade secret dispute
- Prosecution of contractual and tortious damages resulting from a business divorce through arbitration
- Defense of railroad operators in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Eminent domain counsel for pipeline projects crossing numerous county lines throughout Texas
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Appellate Practice, 2021
- Tarrant County’s Top Attorneys, Fort Worth, Texas, 2013 – 2018
- Fort Worth’s Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Champion, 2019
- “The Texas Judicial System” presented to Bell Helicopter, July 2015
- “Summary Judgment in Texas” presented to the Tarrant County Paralegal Association, August 2017
- “Use of the Special Warranties in Texas Oil and Gas Transactions” presented to the Dallas Bar Association, January 2018
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Volunteer Pilot for Pilots ‘n Paws
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Volunteer