Jeffrey R. Gilmore
Jeff Gilmore is an associate in Jackson Walker’s Fort Worth office. Jeff represents a variety of clients, primarily focusing on those in the field of aerospace. Jeff also serves as the live TV host and color commentator for the world’s only private aircraft auction that is presented quarterly by his client, Assent Aeronautics.
While Jeff’s practice focuses on aerospace litigation and aircraft transactions, he has also represented banks, insurance companies, entrepreneurs, religious institutions, railroads, and small businesses. Jeff has experience in complex product liability cases, multi-district royalty litigation, fiduciary litigation, probate matters, power-of-attorney disputes, trade secret litigation, and the arbitration of a business divorce.
Prior to his legal career, Jeff earned MVP honors on Stanford’s baseball team. Drafted by the Seattle Mariners as a right-handed pitcher out of Stanford, Jeff pitched in the farm systems of the Mariners, the Blue Jays, and the Rockies. During each minor league off-season, Jeff worked in corporate finance as an analyst for Cisco Systems in the Bay Area.
Licensed to fly since age 18, Jeff owns and operates a Cessna 421 Golden Eagle that is based at Fort Worth Meacham Airport. Over his flying career, Jeff has amassed flight time in nearly twenty different aircraft, ranging from a Piper Super Cub floatplane to a Citation CJ2 business jet. Jeff trains annually alongside Southwest Airlines pilots at their Love Field simulator facility.
B.A., Stanford University
J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Defense of aerospace manufacturers in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Defense of airlines in personal injury actions
- Defense of oil and gas producers in royalty litigation
- Prosecution of oil and gas producers in title and trespass disputes
- Prosecution of tortious damages resulting from the fraudulent inducement of an oil and gas deal
- Prosecution of fiduciary litigation for beneficiaries
- Defense of financial institutions in fiduciary litigation
- Defense of religious institutions
- Defense of web-based businesses in a misappropriation of trade secret dispute
- Prosecution of contractual and tortious damages resulting from a business divorce through arbitration
- Defense of railroad operators in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Eminent domain counsel for pipeline projects crossing numerous county lines throughout Texas
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Appellate Practice, 2022
- Texas Rising Star – Energy & Natural Resources, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2021
- “Top Attorneys” List – Aviation Category, 360 West Magazine, 2021
- Tarrant County’s Top Attorneys, Fort Worth Magazine, 2013-2018
- Fort Worth’s Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Champion, undefeated since 2019
- “The Texas Judicial System” presented to Bell Helicopter (July 2015)
- “Summary Judgment in Texas” presented to the Tarrant County Paralegal Association (August 2017)
- “Use of the Special Warranties in Texas Oil and Gas Transactions” presented to the Dallas Bar Association (January 2018)
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- University Little League Coach
- Volunteer Pilot for Pilots ‘n Paws