Jeremy I. Sheng
Jeremy Sheng is a corporate attorney with extensive experience in guiding and advising clients through joint ventures, merger, acquisition and disposition transactions, entity formation, private placements and general corporate governance matters. While a majority of Jeremy’s clients are concentrated within the real estate industry, his clients cover other various industries, including oil and gas services, health care and automotive distribution.
Jeremy’s practice centers on bringing value to the client. Jeremy understands the need to provide practical legal and risk mitigation advice while still enabling his clients to achieve their business objectives. Advocacy and client service are the cornerstones of Jeremy’s practice.
B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin
M.P.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, Baylor Law School
- Represented (local and national) developers in joint ventures to develop real estate projects, including Class A, luxury multifamily projects, senior living and active adult residential projects, office towers, mixed use and industrial projects.
- Represented operators and investors in joint ventures to acquire and operate real estate projects, including office towers, multifamily, luxury spec. homes, senior living and mixed-use projects.
- Represented sponsors/issuers in various private placement offerings for capital raises for real estate developments.
- Represented operator in private placement offering for capital raise to acquire and operate ranch.
Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Restructuring
- Represented a seller of all of the equity interests in an insurance marketing organization in a transaction valued at approximately $19.125 million
- Represented sellers of a teen mental health treatment center to a private equity firm in a transaction valued at approximately $125 million
- Represented a seller in the sale of a severance tax and consulting company in a transaction valued at approximately $44 million
- Represented seller in the sale of a family-owned oil-water separators company in a transaction valued at approximately $6.7 million
- Represented seller in a $14.4 million merger of a fixed flight base operation (FBO)
- Advised majority shareholder in an equity sale of an automotive after-market-parts distribution outfit to private equity purchaser.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Corporate Law, 2024
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2020-2023
- Speaker, “Surviving an Unpredictable Economy: Legal Considerations You Can’t Afford to Ignore,” 2022 Asian Chamber Business Conference & Expo (August 2022)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder Program, 2020
- Texas Exes Houston Chapter, Board Member
- Crosspoint Church, Member
December 4, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s December 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 23, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 63 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2023 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 22, 2022Speaking Engagements
Jackson Walkers partners Sang Shin, Shari Mao, and Jeremy Sheng will present “Surviving an Unpredictable Economy: Legal Considerations You Can’t Afford to Ignore” at the 2022 Asian Chamber Business Conference & Expo on Friday, August 26, 2022.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
February 11, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 14 attorneys to the Firm’s partnership on Friday, February 11, 2022. In addition to electing 14 new partners, the Firm also congratulates Bart Cicuto, Noah Speck, and Austin Thomas on their promotion from associates to senior counsel.
Jeremy’s practice emphasizes:
- Joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General corporate work
His clients include:
- Real estate developers and investors
- Closely held businesses
- Startup companies
Industries he serves include:
- Real estate
- Family offices