Jessica is an associate in Jackson Walker’s Corporate & Securities group and Entertainment, Digital & Sports group. In her corporate practice, she regularly assists clients at all stages of the business cycle with the formation and financing of new ventures, the restructuring, financing, and commercial operation of established businesses, and the sale and acquisition of companies or defined assets, products, and services. She also serves as general outside counsel for clients, helping them identify, assess, and address the various legal risks and issues facing their day-to-day businesses.
Jessica’s entertainment practice focuses on transactional entertainment matters. She routinely handles complex and novel matters involving the varied facets of the entertainment industry, including industry-specific agreements on behalf of content creators and distributors, rights clearance issues, content licensing, distribution and sales transactions, marketing deals, and merchandising deals. Jessica’s representative entertainment clients include fashion designers, television and movie production studios, authors, influencers, retailers, and creative entrepreneurs.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., magna cum laude, Baylor University School of Law
- Dean’s List
- Senior Articles Editor, Baylor Law Review
- Pro Bono Transactional Team
- The Order of the Barristers
- Baylor Public Interest Legal Society
- Presidential Research Fellow
Jessica has extensive experience assisting companies with their intellectual property and commercial transactions, including:
- trademark licenses, merchandising agreements, distribution agreements, endorsement/sponsorship agreements, marketing agreements and sweepstakes/content agreements;
- software and hardware technology licenses, development agreements, SaaS agreements, maintenance and support agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, and reseller and distribution agreements;
- outsourcing agreements, including information technology outsourcing arrangements; and
- online advertising agreements, privacy policies, and terms of service.
Jessica also provides advice on marketing campaigns and promotions on the web and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and others. This includes guidance on a variety of topics, including:
- social media and endorsements, including disclosures;
- social media and regulatory compliance, including Federal Trade Commission (FTC), National Advertising Division (NAD) and other regulatory and self-regulatory organizations;
- fair use and copyright issues for images, videos and music, including Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) registration and take-downs;
- official rules and advice on sweepstakes, contests and prize giveaways; and
- mobile, text and telemarketing issues, including Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) compliance.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Corporate Law, 2021-2023
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2022
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
May 4, 2018Client Results
Jackson Walker represented Prophet Equity, a Southlake, Texas-based private equity firm, in the sale of its Coppell-based portfolio company, CID Resources, Inc., to Superior Uniform Group, Inc. for approximately $88.4 million in consideration, inclusive of approximately 150,000 shares of Superior common stock. The transaction closed on May 2, 2018.
November 13, 2017Client Results
Jackson Walker successfully represented Flowserve Corporation (Flowserve) in the sale of their Flow Control Division’s Vogt product line to a privately held international company.
September 29, 2017Client Results
Jackson Walker has successfully represented Diversified Pure Chem (DPC) LLC, owned by Sumitomo Corporation of the Americas, in the sale of its business to A-Gas, the world’s largest refrigerant recovery and reclamation company.