Jocelyn Thibodaux Slater
Jocelyn Slater is an attorney in the Trial & Appellate Litigation section of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. A certified guardianship attorney by the State Bar of Texas, Jocelyn focuses on probate, guardianship, trust, and fiduciary litigation and administrations. Her experience includes estate planning, complex administrations of trust, probate and guardianship estates, and contested litigation. Additionally, she assists with corporate formations, governance, and fiduciary responsibilities.
During law school, Jocelyn was involved in the Alternate Dispute Resolution Advocates program through the Frank Evans Center, and represented South Texas College of Law in the 2015 International Law School Mediation Tournament in London, England.
B.A., Texas A&M University
- NCAA Division I Women’s Swimming and Diving Team
J.D., cum laude, South Texas College of Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards – Family Law, Entertainment Law, and Real Estate Transactional Skills
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Advocates, Member and Public Relations Representative
- Construction Law Journal, Managing Editor
- Dean’s List
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), 2021-2024
- Commercial Litigation
- Elder Law
- Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Trusts and Estates
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2022-2023
- Speaker, “Administering Active Businesses,” American National Bank & Trust Company CLE (April 2022)
- Contributing Author, “Guardianship Update,” Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Reporter (2021-Present)
- Co-Author, “Considerations When Defending a Dead or Incapacitated (Former) Fiduciary,” State Bar of Texas Fiduciary Litigation Course (December 2021)
- Co-Author, “Removable Improvements 101,” 13-1 Construction Law Journal 42 (2016)
- Texas Bar Association – Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Reporter (Publication of the State Bar of Texas Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section)
- Texas Probate Law American Inns of Court
- American Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 23, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 63 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2023 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
January 10, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the arrival of five Houston litigators focused on probate, trust, and fiduciary litigation. The team is led by Sarah Patel Pacheco and includes Kathleen Tanner Beduze, Joshua R. Flores, Joe R. Savoie, and Jocelyn Thibodaux Slater.