Joe R. Savoie
Joe Savoie is an attorney in the Trial & Appellate Litigation section of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. Joe primarily focuses on fiduciary litigation; probate, trust, and guardianship administration; and business litigation. He offers experienced counsel related to prosecution and defense of claims for breach of fiduciary duty, will and trust disputes, and guardianship proceedings.
Joe also has experience handling products liability, insurance and personal injury defense, and general civil litigation. He has successfully defended corporations against complex premises liability, bodily injury and wrongful death, property damage, construction defects, breach of contract, toxic torts, and business disputes, including:
- Personal injury claims arising from an alleged premises defect.
- A $650k+ claim for alleged breach of contract arising from the sale and purchase of drill pipe. After a three-day trial, the jury deliberated for 50 minutes and returned a favorable verdict for the client.
- A breach of contract lawsuit seeking approximately $400,000 in damages against the client. Joe successfully defended against all claims and obtained a judgment in excess of $500,000, including attorneys’ fees, for his client on its counterclaims.
- A $2.6M+ wrongful death claim arising from alleged exposure to benzene. After a two-week trial, the jury returned a favorable verdict for the client.
During his time in law school, Joe interned for Senior U.S. District Judge Kenneth M. Hoyt of the Southern District of Texas and U.S. Magistrate Judge Nancy M. Koenig of the Northern District of Texas.
B.B.A., Stephen F. Austin State University
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law
- CALI Award – Legal Practice
- Mary Moers Wenig Student Writing Competition, Second Place
- Mack Kidd Administrative Law Moot Court Competition
U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), 2021-2023
- Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Commercial Litigation
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Author, The Commissioners’ Model of Ante-Mortem Probate, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (2011)
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Trustee, 2019-Present
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 21, 2022Attorney News
For more than a decade, Jackson Walker partner Kurt D. Nondorf has taken part in the annual Covenant House Executive Edition “Sleep Out.” Houston-area business leaders spend the night meeting with homeless youth, hearing the personal stories of Covenant House residents, and sleeping on the ground to support Covenant House Texas, which provides sanctuary and support for homeless and abandoned youth.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
January 10, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the arrival of five Houston litigators focused on probate, trust, and fiduciary litigation. The team is led by Sarah Patel Pacheco and includes Kathleen Tanner Beduze, Joshua R. Flores, Joe R. Savoie, and Jocelyn Thibodaux Slater.