John A. Koepke
John has 40+ years of trial experience trying to verdict over 40 cases for Fortune 500 corporations, privately held companies, insurers, employers, and healthcare facilities in many types of litigation appearing in more than 15 states in state and federal courts.
B.S., University of Kansas
J.D., University of Kansas School of Law
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals for the Second, Fifth, Eighth, and Tenth Circuits
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
United States District Court for the Western Districts of Missouri
United States District Court for the District of Kansas
Trials – business litigation; asbestos, silica, chemical exposures; insurance defense: GL, D&O, E&O, environmental, EPLI, occupational disease, first party, coverage and insured representation; ADA, FMLA, ADEA, wage and hour, discrimination, trade secrets and non competes.
- West Feliciana Acquisition, L.L.C. v. Stewart Title of La., 744 F.3d 352 (5th Cir. 2014) (affirming trial court’s grant of summary judgment and holding that a claim for lost profits or consequential damages was not covered by a lender’s policy of title insurance).
- Stewart Title Guar. Co. v. Mims, 405 S.W.3d 319 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2014, no pet.) (reversing trial court’s class certification order for failure to meet predominance requirement in case involving breach of contract and equitable claims concerning the rate charged for certain owner’s title insurance policies).
- Mims v. Stewart Title Guar. Co., 590 F.3d 298 (5th Cir. 2009) (reversing trial court’s class certification order in case involving alleged violations of Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act).
- IQ Holdings, Inc. v. Stewart Title Guar. Co., 451 S.W.3d 861 (Tex. App. – Houston [1st Dist.] 2014, no pet.) (affirming summary judgment for title insurance company on breach of policy claim and for title company on negligence and breach of fiduciary duty claims arising out of closing of condominium purchase).
- McGonagle v. Stewart Title Guaranty Co., 432 S.W.3d 535 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2014, pet. denied) (affirming summary judgment for title insurance company on claims of breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation arising from dispute regarding dedication agreement regarding property).
- TF-Harbor, LLC v. City of Rockwall et al., 592 Fed. Appx. 323 (5th Cir. 2015) (affirming dismissal of claim by landowner that adjoining landowner was unconstitutionally attempting to evade easement restrictions that restricted adjoining landowner’s use of its land).
- Stewart Title Guar. Co. v. Spalding, 463 S.W.3d 770 (Mo. Banc 2015) (ruling on accrual of actions under title insurance policy and on scope of damages recoverable based on policy language).
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), 2020-2024
- Employment Law – Management, 2023
- Litigation – Labor & Employment, 2020-2024
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas – Litigation Section, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma
- Second, Fifth, Eighth, and Tenth Federal Courts of Appeal
- DRI and TADC
- National Business Institute – Trial Techniques in Texas, Editor and Lecturer
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Delta Chi fraternity
- Kansas University Alumnae Association, Lifetime Member
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 18, 2022Newsletters
View the August 2022 edition of the Labor & Employment Dispatch.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
November 2, 2021Webinars
This year’s Fall Labor & Employment Symposium is going virtual! Join Jackson Walker and Lockton Dunning Benefits for our lunchtime sessions.
September 3, 2021Newsletters
View the September 2021 edition of the Labor & Employment Dispatch.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
September 18, 2019Newsletters
Featuring insights on recent cases involving the Family and Medical Leave Act and tips for curbing FMLA abuse; seven employment attorneys who were named 2019 “Texas Super Lawyers”; the 2019 Dallas Labor & Employment Law Symposium; and Ariana Grande’s lawsuit against Forever 21.
August 20, 2019Newsletters
Featuring insights on the U.S. National Women’s Soccer Team’s lawsuit against the U.S. Soccer Federation to close the gender pay gap; the labor and employment and ERISA attorneys recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2020 edition; and more.
August 14, 2019Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 109 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2020 Edition, With Eight Named “Lawyers of the Year”
Jackson Walker congratulates our 109 attorneys named to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America 2020 list, including eight attorneys who were named “Lawyers of the Year.”