Jonathan B. Judkowitz
Jonathan Judkowitz is an attorney in the energy group of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. His practice is focused on serving oil and gas and energy industry clients in a variety of finance transactions, including secured and unsecured commercial finance, project finance, first lien/second lien finance, asset-based lending, structured finance, loan and credit restructurings, acquisition finance, and cross-border finance.
Jonathan’s experience in the finance and banking sectors gives him a unique advantage in the strategic planning and implementation of financing transactions, bringing additional value to his clients.
B.B.A., summa cum laude, University of Houston
J.D., Emory University School of Law
- Articles Editor, Emory Law Journal
Reserve Based Lending
- Represented administrative agent in various senior, secured, syndicated revolving credit facilities
- Represented administrative agent in various second lien, secured term loan credit facilities
- Represented administrative agent in workout of senior, secured revolving credit facility
- Represented multiple clients, as borrowers, in separate upstream oil & gas senior secured revolving credit facilities
- Represented borrower on a $45 million senior secured advancing term loan to fund the acquisition of mineral interests in the Midland Basin
- Represented administrative agent in senior, secured revolving credit facility (workout) and in sale of loan to equity sponsor
- Represented administrative agent in senior, secured revolving credit facility (workout) and intercreditor agreement with second lien agent
- Represented administrative agent in senior, secured revolving credit facility for a client’s workout and negotiating a term sheet for bridge financing
- Represented administrative agent in forbearance, DIP financing and in connection with bankruptcy
- Represented administrative agent in senior, secured revolving credit facility (asset-based lending)
- Represented borrower on a $4,000,000 development term loan to fund the acquisition, development and equipment costs of new restaurants to be located in Austin, Texas
- Houston Producers Forum
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Young Professionals in Finance
- West University Softball Association
- University of Houston Alumni Association
- Bauer School of Business Alumni Association
- Emory Law Alumni Association
- Congregation Brith Shalom
February 3, 2022Spotlight
In Memoriam: A Tribute to Amanda Shaw-Castro
We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of our friend and partner Amanda Shaw-Castro. Amanda was a rising star and leader who left behind a legacy of loyalty and kindness.
July 27, 2020Mentions
Banks Eye Energy Loan Sell-Off Amid Oil Downturn | Law360
As a result of the plunging value of oil and gas reserves, commercial banks are slashing borrowing bases for reserve-based loans and are refusing to lend drillers additional cash.