Joseph P. Lally
Joe Lally is an Austin patent lawyer and a respected patent prosecutor in the fields of digital media and multimedia networks, computer systems and networks, microprocessor architecture, and semiconductor fabrication. His practice is largely devoted to procuring U.S. patents for large institutional patent applicants and to assessing issued patents for purposes of developing invalidity and infringement positions.
Joe has refined his commitment to servicing the patent prosecution needs of his clients for over twenty years, including the last nine years Joe has practiced at Jackson Walker. Joe’s greatest strengths as a patent attorney include his ability to translate the inventors’ perception of an invention’s novelty and utility into descriptions and patent claims that are persuasive to patent examiners. Joe strives to acquire an understanding of an invention that is on par with the inventors, while recognizing that timely drafting and clear, concise, and consistent communication are essential to client service.
B.S., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
United States Patent and Trademark Office, Registered Patent Attorney
U.S. Patent Prosecution
- digital media and multimedia networks
- computer systems and networks
- microprocessor architecture
- semiconductor fabrication
- Joe recently procured his 600th issued U.S. Patent on behalf of his clients
- Procured hundreds of U.S. Patents for Fortune 100 technology clients
- Successfully registered the AUSTIN ENERGY trademark application