Josué J. Galván
Josué Galván is an attorney in the Trial & Appellate Litigation group of Jackson Walker’s San Antonio office. Josué has a variety of state and federal court experience in a wide range of litigation matters, including insurance disputes, construction litigation, financial services litigation, and products liability litigation. Josué represents clients through each stage of litigation, from pleadings and discovery to settlement and evidentiary hearings, and stands ready to serve as a trusted counselor in order to help clients achieve their dispute resolution goals. Josué has experience taking and defending party and non-party depositions, arguing discovery motions, and supporting trial teams.
In years prior to joining Jackson Walker, Josué served as a full-time extern to Justice Debra Lehrmann of the Texas Supreme Court, and as a trained mediator at the Lubbock County Dispute Resolution Center. Before attending law school, Josué taught middle school science for two years.
B.S., magna cum laude, The University of Texas Pan-American
J.D., magna cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law
- ABA Arbitration Regional Champion, National Semifinalist
- National Latina/o Law Student Association Moot Court Finalist
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society – Warren Inn
U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Appellate Practice, 2022-2023
- Texas Rising Star – Business Litigation, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2021-2022
- Civility Award, Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2022
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2021
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List – Business Litigation, San Antonio Scene, 2019-2022
- “Rising Star Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2017, 2022
- President’s Award of Merit, Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2020
- Margaret A. Costello Pro Bono Award
- Author, “Embracing My Roots and Heritage,” The Texas Lawbook (2020)
- Mention, “Texas Lawyers Win Asylum for Family Threatened by Taliban,” Texas Lawyer (2017)
- Author, “Now What?: A Guide to Navigating the Michael Morton Act’s Seemingly Unconstitutional Pro Se Provision,” 48 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 423 (2016)
- Texas Young Lawyer Association, Board of Directors, 2019-Present
- Law Focused Education Committee, Member
- Veteran’s Treatment Court Committee, Member
- Local Affiliates Committee, Member
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2020-2021
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2021
- Federal Bar Association, San Antonio Chapter, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder Program, 2021
- LeadershipSBOT, 2018-2019
- The William S. Sessions American Inn of Court
- Leadership for Educational Equity
- Teach for America – Rio Grande Valley, 2011 Corps
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
September 6, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 42 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 1, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
January 25, 2022Attorney News
To be selected for inclusion in the “Rising Star Lawyers” list, junior attorneys with 10 or fewer years in practice must be nominated by senior attorneys who have at least 15 years of experience practicing law.
November 16, 2021Attorney News
Fellows are chosen for their outstanding professional achievements and demonstrated commitment to improving the Texas justice system. Each year, one-third of 1% of State Bar members are invited to become fellows.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.