Justin V. Lee
Justin V. Lee is a business litigator and aviation attorney who represents a wide range of national and international clients, such as airlines, manufacturers, fixed-base operators, real estate firms, insurance companies, financial services institutions, music industry entities, and technology infrastructure firms. He has experience handling a variety of litigation matters including partnership disputes, breach of contract claims, violations of federal and state regulations, and personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Justin was a helicopter pilot in the United States Army, logging more than 1,500 flight hours and over 600 hours of combat time. He deployed twice to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and to Pakistan for humanitarian relief operations. Justin is rated in the Bell 206 helicopter and was an instructor pilot in the Boeing CH-47 “Chinook” helicopter.
B.S., Texas A&M University
J.D., cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
Texas County and District Courts
- First-chaired a jury trial involving a dispute between members of a limited liability company. Obtained a directed verdict at the conclusion of evidence, dismissing two of the four defendants and dismissing claims for conversion, fraud, theft of services, and declaratory relief against the remaining defendants. Successfully argued post-verdict motion for reduction of attorneys’ fees award.
- Successfully represented a limited partner in a jury trial involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
- Successfully defended a commercial real estate company in a bench trial involving claims for declaratory relief under the Texas Declaratory Judgments Act.
- Successfully represented a Part 142 flight training center in an agency appeal before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a major air carrier on a personal injury claim.
- Obtained dismissal of a foreign manufacturer from a products liability lawsuit involving an offshore helicopter crash.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a roofing materials manufacturer on claims for fraud and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Obtained dismissal of an out-of-state aircraft fuel provider from a personal injury lawsuit involving an aircraft crash in Central Texas.
- Obtained judgment for damages on behalf of a Part 135 charter flight company for nonpayment of services.
- Represents an aviation fueling services provider in a personal injury suit filed in a Harris County district court. Requested mandamus from the Supreme Court of Texas to hold an in-person jury trial.
- Partnership disputes
- Financial services
- Breach of contract
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Products liability
- Personal injury
- Wrongful death
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA)
- Montreal and Warsaw Conventions
- Airline Deregulation Act
- Federal Aviation Act
- General Aviation Revitalization Act
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Recognized at The Gathering for service as a pilot and commander of an Army Chinook unit in Afghanistan, Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), 2018
- Author, “Recent Developments in Aviation Law,” 83 Journal of Air Law and Commerce 193 (2018)
- Speaker, “Recent Developments in Aviation Law,” 52nd Annual SMU Air Law Symposium, Irving, Texas (April 5, 2018)
- Speaker, “Plot Your Course: How to Avoid Pre-Suit Issues,” ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Aviation and Space Law Conference, Washington, D.C. (October 25, 2019)
- Rockwall Economic Development Corporation, Board of Directors
- Rockwall & Heath Lacrosse, Inc., Board of Directors, President, 2018-2021
- J.E.R. Chilton YMCA at Rockwall, Board of Directors